Recent content by hhplumbing

1. hhplumbing

Replacing DW - discovered 1/4" PEX under sink?

What I would do is find the tee in the picture below and replace it with the tee you have installed. just make sure you get the one thats 3/8" x 3/8" x 3/8"
  2. hhplumbing

Replacing DW - discovered 1/4" PEX under sink?

As mtcummins said, I would pick up a DW braided supply (we normally sell the brasscraft B1-72DW 6ft line). Now from that picture that really looks to be a 3/8" retro tee and if it is, all you need to do is take off the pex line going to the DW and thread on the braided supply by taking off the...
  3. hhplumbing

3 Plumbing Product Forms

Thanks for your comment, I'll have to add those at a later date. There is going to be things I may have missed or not used in your area on this list but it was more a basic product list we use in our area and thought it could add some value to some people
  4. hhplumbing

3 Plumbing Product Forms

I put together 3 plumbing product forms to help you save time. The forms cover basic ABS/PEX rough-in to finishing parts you’re going to need, while also making sure your employees haven’t missed anything upon finishing. 1. ABS/PEX Rough-In Fitting Form - Click Here:Fittings.pdf With...
  5. hhplumbing

Home Owner's Reminder for Winter. Remove garden hoses

That may be an option, but I still say remove the hose. It's easy to do and will save unnecessary work.
  6. hhplumbing

Roman Tub Faucet Seal

there should be an O-ring that completes the seal between the spout and the stem. after years the rings do need replacing
  7. hhplumbing

Addition Plumbing System. Need Advice

i agree with hj, the cw, wc, shwr and tub are not vented to code requirements
  8. hhplumbing

Thanks Jimbo, it's one of those things that just seem to get missed
  9. hhplumbing

Home Owners Reminder/Warning: Winter is getting very close, if not already here in some areas, please remember to remove your garden hoses from your hose bibbs (sediment faucet) to prevent the copper line from splitting. I see this all the time! It's an easy mistake to do or even forget...
  10. hhplumbing

Connecting to outside sewer line

hello, yes you can tie into the verticle line, but you will have to use 45 degree fittings insted of 90 degrees elbows. and try and get it in the ground as soon as you exit the building hope this helps
  11. hhplumbing

Using 1" Viega PEX

If you have been using PEX pipe for a while and know what your doing, then my guess is the tool needs to be sent for recalibration. Viega is a well known brand and I highly doubt it's got anything to do with the rings or pipe.
  12. hhplumbing

where did you get fittings for PE pipe?

If your dealing with PE, mostly we use Philmac compression fittings. Very easy to use and it's rated for underground use. note: If philmac is not sold in your area, sharkbite is rated for underground but its not the first product I buy. try and find a similar compression fitting like Philmac.
  13. hhplumbing

Replacing old cast iron

Hello m.herndon, Cast Iron can be a pain like Jadnashua said but what I think you should be doing, if like you said, you don't need to replace everything is start with the worst runs and replace the Cast Iron pipe with ABS pipe as it's the same diameter. Use a Fernco coupling where the cast is...
  14. hhplumbing

Hello my name is Steve owner owner of householdplumbing.com where you get all your plumbing...

Hello my name is Steve owner owner of householdplumbing.com where you get all your plumbing problems answered
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks