Recent content by Henry G

1. Henry G

Main line problem?

Just took a shower and that causes the toilet to bubble, and drain. When I flushed the toilet it splashed up for a second before it filled. I have a toto drake, so it flushes and fills very quickly.
  2. Henry G

Main line problem?

I'm on a city sewer system. Is it possible to remove the toilet, and run a snake that way? The toilet drain, and the main line are very close.
  3. Henry G

Main line problem?

I'm getting an intermittent draining of the toilet bowl water. Today as I was doing laundry, the water drained from the bowl, and started to bubble once and awhile. I've also noticed this lately with the shower drain bubbling. What is odd is most of the time I can flush the toilet without any...
  4. Henry G

Did my pipe break, or did someone try to steal it?

When I stopped by the local hardware store to get some supplies I mentioned it to one of the guys there. He told me recently someone who was remodeling a house had all of the wiring removed from the crawlspace. I just have to remind myself it could have been a lot worse than having to fix a...
  5. Henry G

Update: I repaired the pipe the next day because I was afraid they would return now that they may know the water has been turned off. I also put a lock on the crawlspace access to keep anyone from going back in. It's not going to stop someone who is determined to get under there, but it...
  6. Henry G

It's copper. I have no clue what he tried to use to cut this, but it was crude. He also apparently tugged very hard on the pipe at the same time because it had a good bend in it as well. The photo is very poor because all I had on me was my cellphone, and it had to get fixed asap.
  7. Henry G

I'm trying not to jump to conclusions but... A little background with the photo. This happened the other night when the temps were about 31 outside. The pipes are all wrapped in pipe insulation, and we've had temps as low as 14 about a month ago for little over a week. Now for the red...
  8. Henry G

Moen Valve won't stop dripping

Moen has been really great in the past in getting me parts I needed free of charge, so this time I just bought the new kit. I think it was only about $15, and it did the trick. The old one must have just been worn out, or maybe the o-rings were bad from being winterized for over a year? The...
  9. Henry G

Toto "Drake" Installation Question

I tossed the wax ring with the plastic horn, and purchased one with it. Apparently that was the problem all along. Thanks again guys!
  10. Henry G

Toto "Drake" Installation Question

So I installed my Toto today, but I ran into a problem. The wax ring I used doesn't seem to compress enough to allow the toilet to sit flush with the floor. The problem is the rear, or the front of the toilet ill sit higher depending on how I apply the pressure. Is it possible the wax ring I...
  11. Henry G

Moen Valve won't stop dripping

I recently tiled the tub surround in the bathroom, and replaced the old Moen fixture. The valve itself seemed fine so I just purchased a kit to replace the old one. Long story short... the water has been off in this bathroom for over a year. I have the new kit installed, and the water is...
  12. Henry G

Toliet Installation Questions

Haha.. calm down.. geeez I get the part about using stainless steel due to it non corrosive nature, but I wasn't sure if there was a special screw I should use when trying to attach it partially in the thinset under the tile. The floor had to be leveled around 3/8in in that particular area...
  13. Henry G

I never considered the sewer gas leaking. Thanks. Any specific kind of screw I should use since it will be partially attaching to the tile, and thinset above the wood?
  14. Henry G

I'm hoping to install the toilet by the end of the week, but I wanted to double check a few things. 1) What screws should I use to secure the closet flange to the floor? I need to drill a pilot hole through the newly laid tile, and the thinset underneath. 2) The closet flange I...
  15. Henry G

Adding tile to bathroom floor, question on new toilet installation.

I'll try to get better photos of what is there. I took off the flange that had been on this drain to get better access around the old plywood. The old flange was installed on top of the old plywood. I do have really good access under this bathroom if need. So you recommend I fill this...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks