Recent content by HawaiiDisney

1. HawaiiDisney

Connecting plastic pipe to galv. steel

I installed the sink/vanity today. Everything went very well. Thanks for the suggestions!
  2. HawaiiDisney

Toilet flange not level

Just an update. The floor has been put in and I installed the new toilet today. Everything went well. Thanks again for everyone's help!
  3. HawaiiDisney

Toilet flange not level

Ok, thanks. Hopefully it won't come to that but if it does at least I'll have a game plan.
  4. HawaiiDisney

Plumbing for new vanity/sink

This was posted in error
  5. HawaiiDisney

Toilet flange not level

Ok, thanks. I'll hope for the best when I install the toilet this evening....but as long as the toilet touches the floor without wax, I'm ok.....is that right?
  6. HawaiiDisney

Toilet flange not level

Ok, I guess my only other question is this.....what can I do if this scenario happens...after the floor is put down, I set the toilet (with no wax) over the flange and the toilet doesn't touch the floor because the flange is too high. I don't know that this will be the case but what if it...
  7. HawaiiDisney

Toilet flange not level

Ok, I think I see what you are saying.....if the new floor doesn't fit snug under the flange then I need to make up the difference so the flange has something under it and snug against it to support the flange itself......is this correct? What happens if after the new floor is put in, I...
  8. HawaiiDisney

Toilet flange not level

Ok, there are 4 screws there. I couldn't tell they were screws because of all the wax in and around the flange. So, it looks like the underside of the flange will be a little higher than the floor after the floor is put in. Any thoughts on what I can do about this or do I need to do anything...
  9. HawaiiDisney

Toilet flange not level

Ted, What I do know without being home is the flange and drain pipe seem to be made out of cast iron. The subfloor is plywood. The flange is pretty secure although it moves a little if you try to move it side to side but I don't know what exactly is holding it in place. Could I get...
  10. HawaiiDisney

Toilet flange not level

The old floor was the little 1"x1" and 1"x2" tiles that were used alot back in the 70's. The tiles went up to the outer part of the flange but there were no screws of any kind. Are the screws visible from the top of the flange? What do the screws screw to? I'm thinking the flange and the pipe...
  11. HawaiiDisney

Toilet flange not level

What purpose do the screws serve? Are you saying he should put screws through the flange and then through the new floor and sub floor to hold the new floor in place or do the screws secure the flange itself somehow?
  12. HawaiiDisney

Toilet flange not level

The old floor has been taken up so all I have is the support floor right now. The new floor will go on top of that. The underside of the flange is currently 1/2" above the floor. I am pretty sure the new floor is not 1/2" thick so the underside of the flange is probably still going to be a...
  13. HawaiiDisney

Toilet flange not level

Thanks Randy. I temporarily put the toilet down with no wax to see what would happen. It sits unlevel just like the flange so I assuming it is sitting on the flange. Hopefully when the new floor is put down, it will keep the toilet from resting on the flange.
  14. HawaiiDisney

Toilet flange not level

I am getting ready to install a new toilet and vanity. After taking up the old toilet and scrapping off the old wax, I put a level on the flange and it is not level. Will this cause the new toilet to be unlevel when I put it in after the floor goes down? Should the toilet sit on the floor with...
  15. HawaiiDisney

New floor under or around new toilet?

I went by the flooring store today. They have this floor in their bathroom. It felt fine to me and looked great! I talked to an installer and he said the toilet definitely needed to be up which means the salesman was incorrect. He also said they have had nothing but rave reviews from customers...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks