Recent content by Harper

1. Harper

Is installation too flimsy?

Thanks! I think I'm fine with the sprinklers. I'll look for the one for the spigot. My last concern I think is how to reinforce the entire structure so that we don't eventually compromise the pipe and wall from the hose pulling against it. Any ideas? Something to mount on the wall? Screw into...
  2. Harper

Can you link to a picture of what this looks like? I tried looking through Google images, but I'm not sure what I'm looking at.
  3. Harper

I have uploaded a close-up of the elbow, where the copper joins it. I was incorrect about where the glue was. Honestly, I cannot tell for sure how this was done. I count at least 5 parts involved here.
  4. Harper

Very insightful! This job was actually done twice. The first time, the plumber only installed enough copper to lead to the hose bib, and preserved the PVC leading away from it. After about 4 months, the PVC first elbow sprang several pinhole leaks. So we had him come back out and he added more...
  5. Harper

I see. I apparently had no idea what a backflow preventer was! But I Googled it and understand it now. Not many of the houses in my neighborhood have backflow preventers (from what I have seen). My plumber's job was basically to just replace the galvanized with copper. He basically did just...
  6. Harper

Thanks for the reply. Let's assume there's a backflow preventer for now. What is the aspect that may be "illegal and dangerous?" The lack of a support? Or the PVC details you described? Also, what about the width of the copper pipe? Finally, what can I do to add "proper support?" Thanks again!
  7. Harper

I recently had a galvanized pipe replaced in my wall with copper. It was the lone remaining non-copper pipe in my house, which I discovered after it sprang a leak. Nice. So anyway, the pipe led outside to my hose bib, and in turn to my sprinklers. You can see the configuration in the attached...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks