Recent content by HANDYHACKERinFL

1. HANDYHACKERinFL

Finding the main drain line under a slab

Project is building a shower where none is. Imagine a clock. The proposed shower drain will be in the center. Its 8 ft or so from the toilet at 12:00, 5 feet from lavatory also at 12 :00. 7 foot from the washer drain at 8:30, 6 foot from the kitchen sink at 2:30, I must be close! The cleanout is...
  2. HANDYHACKERinFL

Kids stealing freon!

I'm sure Ethyl alcohol is responsible for a lot of deaths, but to clarify its only slightly toxic, death occurs from overdose. Its the alcohol thats drank to get drunk. In contrast, Methyl Alcohol is extremely toxic, exposure to small amounts, even the vapors, can cause blindness and death...
  3. HANDYHACKERinFL

Can you snake a 1/2" ID galvanized pipe?

definitely a 90 yeah its a 90. and then it drops three feet to the basement, where another 90 takes it 6" to tie into the main branch line. I imagined a spring type cable fish snake, with a special head to help it around a corner as it turns, without doubling back on itself. It is a very tight...
  4. HANDYHACKERinFL

Its rust I saw a cross section of pipe that had been left from the original piping from a previous repipe, and it is soft rust. Clogged all the way through, but the rust is soft. And surprisingly, the thickness of the pipe wall does not appear compromised, though I'm sure there are pits...
  5. HANDYHACKERinFL

Clogged Cold Supply, 1 loc., Pre shutoff

Flush a clogged supply? I thought about a reverse flush. I would cut water supply, open other taps, and apply compressed air. Or they make a water hammer device that uses a blast of compressed air to apply a shockwave to water, but I would have to get water into the pipe first. how can you...
  6. HANDYHACKERinFL

Thanks for good advice I understand the pros of copper, but as a novice and with the cramped working conditions, the idea of cpvc is a logical choice. I can remove the galv stub, cut a 1 1/2 hole in the back of the vanity and wall, cut the rest of the pipe out from underneath, and slip the new...
  7. HANDYHACKERinFL

I have a cold water supply pipe clogged with rust and mineral deposits. Its reduced to a dribble. The toilet and tub in the same bathroom are flowing fine. I removed the shut off valve, and inserted some wire into the pipe, but I cant get it past the 45 bend about 6" into the wall. Is there a...
  8. HANDYHACKERinFL

Pipe looks good I removed the shut off, no problem. Its 3/8 galv pipe threaded connection, but looks like similar diameter pipe to 1/2 copper pipe. Anyway, I saw no clog there as wished for, its further inside the pipe. Same circuit as tub and toilet which have no clog. Acces to the pipe in...
  9. HANDYHACKERinFL

Auto Radiator stop leak plugs copper pinhole.

I have no idea what may be in your attic, but someone did because they brought it to your attention. I just brainstormed possible precautions to take to prevent exposure to dangerous chemicals in your house. Chemicals cause cancer, which is a slow and painful way to go. Since we were on the...
  10. HANDYHACKERinFL

I am visiting relatives in deerfield, Illinoise, and cant help but look for things to fix while here. House is 50-60 years old at least, and I am very intrigued by old houses after working on all the newer junk in Florida. First project is the bathroom that has cold water running fine in tub...
  11. HANDYHACKERinFL

Oatmeal would definitely get slimy. So would black pepper and sawdust, to a lesser extent. Cellulose, pharmecuetical grade, may be a good biological leak stopper. whatever grows on it is in the water allready. Ever see the clear nonpathogenic slime that grows/ collect in water filters and...
  12. HANDYHACKERinFL

water flows reverse I wondered how that could happen, now I see. Anyway, Im on a well here, with two anti siphon/ one way valves.
  13. HANDYHACKERinFL

Many Molecules Sorry to interupt, but since I am the dumbass who started this thread....:o Maybe you could install an attic fan to exaust any vapors from this stuff into the environment...ug and consider sealing your sons room with a toxic primer/sealer...ug or sell the house and find/build...
  14. HANDYHACKERinFL

Yes its toxic It is not manufactured for household plumbing. Its a temporary fix. The 1/2" copper pipes in the slab have a history of leaking. I think it will last a year, maybe more. I flushed it thouroughly, and I dont drink or cook with the water. I have reverse osmosis. Its a mechanical...
  15. HANDYHACKERinFL

40 yr old cast closet flange has deteriorated.

CI mechanical flange? After perusing posts here in the forum, I discovered a similar situation. and pictured was a pvc flange with stem and seal that goes into the cast pipe- BRAVO!. I'm glad this was invented to fix the problem of cast flanges gone to rust and the skill level required to...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks