Recent content by hagakure

1. hagakure

Drain into fresh air inlet..

What is a fresh air inlet? Is that a joke?
  2. hagakure

Drain into fresh air inlet..

..right above where it meets the main? My mother bought a house and I am extremely limited with what she and my step father will allow due to stubbornness and money and the only available pipe to dump a half bath from the first floor is the FAI which the previous owner had buried into a wall for...
  3. hagakure

Brazing: Is Flux Necessary?

HI, I've been in plumbing for almost 3 years but because I keep jumping from site to site, I haven't had to do any brazing yet. The company I work for now, when they braze, they use no flux, and don't even clean the pipes before putting them together, and tell me they've never had a problem...
  4. hagakure

Using HW Copper for CW

Yes I'm only assuming that's the problem because the connections are all correct on the outside. right side for cold left side for hot. I've only been doing this 2 years and have very limited boiler room experience and no emergency experience so I wouldn't approach this lightly especially...
  5. hagakure

Using HW Copper for CW

My sister's building (she lives with her fiance whos father owns the 6 family building) has been plumbed properly but the connection is wrong in the boiler room. I haven't been there to see but every apartment in her building is reverse hot water and cold water. The connections are 'right' at...
  6. hagakure

Possible sink vent?

It's most likely a vent. I don't think a condo complex would have plumbers stupid enough to run a drain pipe from the floor above directly into the sink drain of the kitchen below. They would be draining into the same drain stack. I don't see how it could have passed inspection if that wasn't...
  7. hagakure

Capped off drain50 gal. On w.h. ??????? I catch you i kill you

I feel like I'm reading Trainspotting novel.
  8. hagakure

Concrete Pipe 90 bend flush with basement floor. How to connect new pipe?

As I was laying in bed last night I realized that what I wrote was ridiculous. Underground floor cleanouts can be 90's. Anyway, you need to open that up.
  9. hagakure

Concrete Pipe 90 bend flush with basement floor. How to connect new pipe?

A cleanout is always, or SHOULD always be a 45, but a drain can also lead into a 45 so you can't say it would only be a drain or cleanout. The only way to know is to break it up and take a look. Is it your house or are you renovating for someone? Always best to know what's there and you can't...
  10. hagakure

Copper Threaded Adapter Leaking

Heh putting it with teflon/dope before soldering. Just sitting here, remembering the barrage of insults hurled my way in Eastern European "English".
  11. hagakure

Zone Valve Question

So what he did wouldn't have actually solved the problem he mentioned in the beginning of the video, which was the non balanced water supply? If the zone valves are stopping the circulation, I don't understand why they would stop the water supply from going up the 2 larger pipes.
  12. hagakure

Professional rough-in

A 90 degree turn should be done using a wye and 45 with a cap at the end for a cleanout and since you're in the basement, put it right there in the floor. Copper vent? Is it even big enough to vent everything you're doing? Does it tie into a larger vent not made of copper? If so, use it for...
  13. hagakure

Zone Valve Question

I still don't see how the 'loop' would balance out the pipes if there's still 1 smaller pipe. He says the water will flow through the path with the least resistance so the smaller line would still be under-performing. Would what he did work, the way he did it, to solve the problem which was the...
  14. hagakure

BIGWALL Cast Iron Plumbing?

I have to ask..what did you use the caulking tool for? Second photo -You can disable it but it will take some elbow grease and a pry bar. Anyway, you're going to have to fix all that concrete so you might as well open it all up now and see what's going on. Doesn't make sense to open a little...
  15. hagakure

Bill gates reinventing the toilet?!?

I don't see why they wouldn't just dig a hole or find an empty space instead of crapping in their drinking water. Is that even what they're doing? Do they have no toilets, or are they directing the waste lines into their water supply? Just giving people things doesn't work. You have to teach...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks