Recent content by Haeffnkr

1. Haeffnkr

Help w/ Crossover - Touch Faucets and Check Valves

Follow up. Got my check valves today and installed them. I don't hear any crossover water in the touch faucets now. Initial shower tests were positive. I can not believe I have been chasing this for years and the solution was so simple. I don't remember if when I installed the delta touch...
  2. Haeffnkr

For some reason... none of my supply lines on the touchless faucets have check valves. I ordered 3 pair of these to add to the supply lines. https://sloanrepair.com/products/in-line-check-valve-pair?_pos=2&_sid=9cdd9fe66&_ss=r thanks haeffnkr
  3. Haeffnkr

I am not sure if there are compression fittings on any of the touchless faucets. I will check. I further tested and the problem is bigger than I expected but I dont know what it means :) If any of the 3 one handle showers are on hot and ANY of the 3 touchless faucets valves are hot/cold mixed...
  4. Haeffnkr

Hi, I have 3 touch faucets, a couple of check valves and a return hot water re circulation loop. I also have other faucets in the house with a tankless hot water gas heater. Recently the masterbath shower started showing a crossover hot water issue. I just replaced the Moen one handle shower...
  5. Haeffnkr

Copper or PEX or Sharkbite for a water heater install?

Thanks guys. I will have to plan out as much as I can and pre solder some sections then take a day off work to cut, remove, mount and connect the new heater. Including iron pipe for gas. Any one want to help in the STL area :)
  6. Haeffnkr

I can sweat copper that is no problem. I thought there would be a few more posts about the good in using PEX ... or maybe this discussion was had many times already.
  7. Haeffnkr

Hi, I am going to replace my gas tankless water heater with a new different model. I will need to cut and redo the copper lines. Is it easier to use PEX/Sharkbite that I have no experience with or just use copper again? thanks in advance haeffnkr
  8. Haeffnkr

Moen shower faucet replacement - one hole? - get a constant temp?

JAD~Thanks for the update. Are you saying the Delta thermocontrolled faucet won't work in the linked rough in body? Amazon says it will. What about a simple 2 handle faucet in a shower? Won't that be the simplest best option?
  9. Haeffnkr

Thanks for think. I see that the valve can be installed into dual output or shower only rough in bodies. https://www.deltafaucet.com/bathroom/product/T17T438.html Assuming these faucets work, the reviews are positive for the most part, why would this be any better than a 2 handle setup and...
  10. Haeffnkr

I get that. It is amplified in the winter since the water is hotter and colder. In the summer mixing 120 degree water with 78 degree cold water is easier to control than 132 and 50 degree water in the winter. Thus .... I want a 2 handle full on hot and adjust with cold only in the shower...
  11. Haeffnkr

Oh? I have a 2 handle on my tub. Both were installed when the house was built 20 years ago. Yes I have a tankless water heater on the far side of house from this shower. That fluctuates a bit in this shower. That my wife and I struggle with.
  12. Haeffnkr

Hi, I have a standard Moen mixer shower valve. In the winter it is hard to keep the right mix of water to keep a constant temp out of the shower head. Yes I could replace the cartridge again and maybe see marginal improvements. Wife is tired of always adjusting it back and forth in the...
  13. Haeffnkr

Why is water not hot coming out of the faucet on the far side of the house?

Tell me more about what a cross over issue is? How does the water go from the hot side to the cold side in the pipes? thanks haeffnkr
  14. Haeffnkr

Yes at the same time the lavatory was hot the the tub was tempid, this morning. Yes I have seen it yesterday that the shower was tempid and the lavatory was hot at the same time. This is all in the master bathroom. with the shower, tub and lavatory faucets are all within a 6x6 square...
  15. Haeffnkr

No ... faucet goes up the wall to a shower head with no shut off on the head. Note I had the same issue on a 2 handle tub faucet next to the shower at the same time with the shower when I was testing things earlier. I believe that with 2 different faucets acting the same way at the same time...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks