Recent content by Gusherb94

1. Gusherb94

TOTO Entrada, CST244EF, CST243EF Review and comments

Funny it kinda flushes like the siphon jet is partially blocked, but it's a brand new toilet and when I stuck my hand in front of the jet it was quite forceful like it should be.
  2. Gusherb94

Good idea, I didn't check the water level but at glance it looked like it was where it should be. The flapper stays open as long as the other one that flushes fine. When I held the handle it still hesitated then went straight down. I had to shim the back to make the bowl level but overall wasn't...
  3. Gusherb94

Has anyone had any issue with the Entrada being a little sluggish? I installed two for a relative and one siphons instantly and the other has a little bit of hesitation before siphoning quickly. I pulled it once and found the wax over the outlet a little thinking that may be the issue. I reset...
  4. Gusherb94

MADERA™ 15" HEIGHT 1.6 GPF FLUSHOMETER TOILET SYSTEM

I would try to keep it 1" all the way from the main into the flushometer. 3/4" can maybe work if the pressure is high enough, but I personally wouldn't do that if I can get 1" to it without bombing the whole place. If you can't or won't run the correct pipe size, then you should just go with a...
  5. Gusherb94

Gerber Maxwell Gravity Floor Mount

The Maxwell is a budget toilet and is not in the same class as the Drake or Cadet 3. The Gerber that compares with the cadet 3 would be the Viper, and the one that compares with a Drake would be the Avalanche. I recently tried a Viper and had quality issues with two bowls and wound up taking...
  6. Gusherb94

To dual flush or not

Nobody bothers to choose the right flush on a dual flush anyway, so what's the point? Most of them don't even make sense as to which button is even what. I believe people usually just press both. If I actually wanted to save as much water as possible, I would go with a 1.0 GPF Toto or the...
  7. Gusherb94

New toilets draining mysteriously

I could definitely see that having some kind of inadvertent interaction with the toilet and causing a slow siphonic action. Your choices would be to have that repiped to eliminate the trap. Or find a very old, period correct to the plumbing, trapless toilet bowl.
  8. Gusherb94

Caulk base of Toilet

I would use Polyseamseal and caulk it around from bolt to bolt. Don't really need to caulk all the way around unless it's code. Don't even think about using silicone as that stuff can get messy very easily and is impossible to clean off. And forget about removing the toilet easily with silicone.
  9. Gusherb94

Cadet pro and wax less ring

I've had great luck with Fernco seals on my poorely installed crooked flanges that stick above the floor. The whole thing pretty much fits inside the flange itself so it doesn't have problems with setting on the floor properly. Even a horned wax ring would cause the toilet to stick up off the...
  10. Gusherb94

New toilets draining mysteriously

If it held before you put it over the flange then the first thing I'd suspect is a strong enough negative pressure In the drainline to suck water out of the bowl. Did you put your hand over the flange to feel if it was sucking air in? Or perhaps you're maybe just seeing the bowl overfilled as...
  11. Gusherb94

Replacement toilet for older home with Cast Iron pipes

If you really want to stick with 1.6 but get something like a Drake II or Entrada which are 1.28 only, then you can swap the flapper for a 1.6 flapper. The flapper is what makes it 1.28. Have you ever had any problems with mainline clogs? Are there other high water use fixtures upstream of the...
  12. Gusherb94

Can leaking toilet be saved?

No. Stop trying to save a buck and toss it out. Any patch isn't worth the risk.
  13. Gusherb94

Is the plumber responsible for sizing my boiler?

I saw this first hand a couple years ago in our own home. Went from a 80% furnace of 80,000 BTU's capacity, to a 97% model with 58,000 BTU's of capacity (heat loss calc was done and said we needed 60k). Went from setting it back from 70 to 65 at night to keeping it at 70 24/7 and the gas usage...
  14. Gusherb94

Is the plumber responsible for sizing my boiler?

Now how did your plumber determine what size boiler you needed? And how in the world did you come to the conclusion that it's way undersized? You can't expect a proper answer with that piddly bit of info you gave.
  15. Gusherb94

Which size would you go with?

It may be a worn out dip tube, or the worn out and inaccurate thermostat, but the current 50 gallon tank can barely cut it in the winter. And during that time I remove the plastic dial so I can turn the thermostat beyond the stop in the dial and (beyond 160) which gives me about 140 degree...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks