Recent content by gtpvette

1. gtpvette

Proper Way To Level Sterling Accord Shower In Mobile Home

Hey Guys. I'm redoing the bath in my weekend mobile home and hit a snag. I dry fit a 60” 4 piece Sterling Accord shower this weekend and the back wall is about 1 1/2" out from the studs at the top. It looks like the floor has a major drop from back to front. So the question is what is the best...
  2. gtpvette

CPVC for Dummies....

OK,, picked up the metal/CPVC female side and the male PVC side. Install scheduled for Sat. Thanks!
  3. gtpvette

CPVC for Dummies....

Thank you sir. What would be the correct to tie PVC water supply to CPVC house pipes?
  4. gtpvette

CPVC for Dummies....

Installed the water heater and spliced in the old lines with the shark bites. All is great except the drip where I tied the PVC and the CPVC together for the cold water supply. I used this: and tied it to a threaded female PVC connection. This is where it drips. I was afraid to over...
  5. gtpvette

CPVC for Dummies....

The heater is electric,, but could still do the copper flex pipe if required.
  6. gtpvette

CPVC for Dummies....

OK,, I'm the dummy. I'm replacing all of the Polybutelene water supply pipes in my weekend mobile home with CPVC. The plan is to do it in stages,, with the water heater and the kitchen being the first to get done. So a couple of questions to make sure I'm heading down the right path. I'm...
  7. gtpvette

Tub Drain Install ????

Hi all,,, You guys gave me so much good info on the last bath remodel I'm at it again. With that, I'm replacing a 1958 cast iron tub with a slightly larger Kohler model. The drain will need to move a bit so that will need to be reworked,,,, but what I'm really wondering about is how do you...
  8. gtpvette

Need to move toilet,, & hire a pro,, ,but...

I’m getting ready to start a bathroom remodel that includes moving the toilet and shower drain. After reading a number of the posts here,,, I think I’ll leave the actual disconnect reconnect of these drain pipes to a pro. But in my effort to save a bit of money where possible,,, I’d...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks