Recent content by GSK

1. GSK

repair pvc supply line immediately after pvb?

Fixed! As I was connecting the last piece I realized that I probably should have replaced the other ball valve too. This afternoon, I checked it and saw a very slow, tiny drip, more of a slow ooze, at the connection between the outlet ball valve and the PVB. It's slow enough that I...
  2. GSK

Right, that's the piece I meant. I guess I just couldn't find it at lowe's.
  3. GSK

No inspections here, either. Didn't even know that there were places that had to have them inspected. Thanks to everyone who has advised me. I cut off the busted piece of PVC today and made a dry fit of everything before I glued it all together, and it looks like it will still have some pulling...
  4. GSK

I thought that sounded wrong. That's what the guy at Lowe's told me I had to do! Glad I checked here first. Anyway, HD didn't have the street elbow (they've never heard of it), but Lowe's did. Before I do it, is there any way for me to replace most of the PVC with copper? Copper male thread...
  5. GSK

The existing PVC and the ball valve both say 1"- so would I need a 1" street elbow? You don't need it to be slightly bigger to fit over the PVC?
  6. GSK

It's a febco 765-1 pvb, with ball valves attached.builder installed. Previous homes built in this sub have all copper piping where I have the pvc.
  7. GSK

How do I reconnect the valve to the pvc? The threads on the pvc, which are male, are damaged. Is there a union or something I can use to screw into the valve and then go over the busted pvc thread?
  8. GSK

I noticed a leak coming from the outflow ball valve of my pvb leading to the pvc pipe that goes to the valve box. I tried to unscrew it, and when it came off, it was broken. The male adapter threads of the pvc are now in the copper ball joint thread, and I have a busted pvc pipe leading to the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks