Recent content by gsfromc

1. G

GE Monogram oven

We're on our second convection oven. First was gas, the one we have now is gas top, electric convection oven. My wife loves it, the electric in the oven is much more controlled, no hotspots. And the gas top is great for cooking. Look at Dacor, very easy to clean the top, just two easy to lift...
  2. G

Door / Glass Block Combination

My shower door will be in the same location it is now, about 1 foot from the edge of the existing opening. So there is no issue regarding water around the new door being added. gary
  3. G

Thanks for the input folks. If I remove the drywall on each side, that gives me an extra 1 inch width. I can thickness plane a 2x4 to 1 3/8" thickness and that will give me my double-stud while still allowing for the 12 1/4" required for two-width glass block panel and 34" rough for a 32"...
  4. G

Here are photos (attached) of the 48" doorway with the proposed studs. The frame I built is all screwed together with 3" screws and attached to wall, ceiling & floor with 3" screws. Its very solid, no play at all. My intent is to have the door hinges on the shower side of the doorway, onto...
  5. G

Bathroom Vent Question

I know my local Home Depot has a display of fans. Each one is labeled in CFM (cubice feet per minute) of air flow as well as decibel (noise) level. Plus you can actually turn each on to get a listen of the actual noise level. You can really listen to how much quieter the more expensive squirel...
  6. G

Doing a reno in our master bedroom-ensuite. Right now there is an existing 48" open doorway (bearing wall) between the two rooms and I want to frame in for a glass-panel door (32"). In order to allow as much light I intend to use the ~15" extra available to install a panel of 2 x 4" width...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks