Recent content by Gsalet

1. Gsalet

basement bath remodel, need some under slab and vent help

Kent What you are proposing will work if you have enough grade. Most plumbers would not like it though. The most direct route is usually the best option, also if you have to open the check valve to clean it being outside is a plus george
  2. Gsalet

When are pressure balancing loops necessary?

I suggest installing a pressure balance loop! From personal experience you can have one body spray with more water than another. The extra pipe and fitting is alot cheaper than opening walls or tile to fix a unsatisfactory body spray system. Grohe shows pressure loops in all their multiple body...
  3. Gsalet

Bidet Seat Real-Life Photos

My thoughts are the benefits of a bidet seat will ought weight the snarl of supply tubes under the left hand side of the toilet. If someone gets down on their hands and knees to look at your pipes "Shame on them" George
  4. Gsalet

Can a vanity drain be installed around a corner

I believe you can not have more than 135 degrees from the vent intersection to the trap George
  5. Gsalet

Please help with Small bathroom DWV in floor on slab ... no wall space

I am in sunny California...... We are required to have a vents through the roof equal to the sewer pipe serving the building. 4" sewer equals 4 -2" vents or any combination of vents equal to the aggregate area of the main sewer. What is required in your neck of the woods? George
  6. Gsalet

Flat Vent

have you ever put your finger over the end of a straw that was in a soda then removed the straw from the soda? notice how the soda stays in the straw, now release your finger and see how the soda drains from the straw. without a vent the toilet might flush but would not drain.
  7. Gsalet

Washer Standpipe Drain

My guess is that you have apiece of 2 inch pipe underground, if it was a 1-1/2 cast iron pipe without a hub the pipe would not fit in, if it is a 1-1/2 cast iron hub you would have more than a quarter of a inch space around the pipe. Just a guess, chip it out and let us know
  8. Gsalet

Main Line Backup While Cleaning? How'd That Happen?

Make sure you talk to the plumber personally, to hear his story....... sometimes there is a logical answer
  9. Gsalet

Is there a way to replace this gas pipe and valves? See photos.

My 2 cents is to back off the pipe from the fire box next cut the stud at the hole you can then pull the gas valves away from the shear wall, Then back off the pipe replace the valves. In San Francisco up in till about 2005 the standard gas valve was required before the log lighter valve to...
  10. Gsalet

Trying to find a part - tapped wall bar

I would call Sioux Chief tomorrow and ask them who stocks them in your area, typically supply houses sell them individually George
  11. Gsalet

Inside diameter of Toilet flange too big!

My guess is that they used a 4 x 4 deep closet flange made for when the pipe is too low below the floor, after the connection is made a filler piece of 4 inch pipe should be leaded into the closet flange to fill the void to the top of the flange. Pictures will save a 1000 words
  12. Gsalet

Bad odor in units

Are You saying the vent pipes do not extend 10 feet above the parking deck or above the roof if the parking area is covered? If that is so, extend the vents George
  13. Gsalet

Washing Machine hoses

I agree every 5 years, Ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure
  14. Gsalet

Minimum distance from trap to sani-tee

If you can make the connection without cutting into the radius of the trap arm it should be OK, No Minimum sited in the code
  15. Gsalet

How can I convert a threaded 90 rough-in behind tile into a slip-on for showerhead?

What I have done in similar situations is to solder 1/2 MIP adapters on both ends of the pipe then screw one Mip end into the 90 and tighten the other mip end, this will not crush the pipe then cut the copper pipe to size and discard the mip adapter. You dont need it to be too tight for a shower...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks