Recent content by greyhound1

1. greyhound1

another pvc to abs connection question (sorry)

I believe that I read something in here earlier about this issue, although I'm not sure if it applies exactly to my situation. My main soil stack is abs. The toilet soil pipe is in question feeds through to the basement, where this 3" connection feeds into the main soil pipe. The toilet ABS...
  2. greyhound1

Another toilet flange question

Thanks Terry and WJ: After reading your recent posts (and re-reading the posts of others) I am going to leave the flange as is. I certainly do not want to create more problems with additional joints (to leak). I am satisfied with your recommendations which have added "perspective" to this...
  3. greyhound1

Terry and WJ: Thanks again for the input. As an update, the extra box of tile has just come in so installation resumes on 10/22/12. I took the liberty of going on the Sioux Chief website and contacting my local plumbing supply store regarding flange extension rings. As you are aware...
  4. greyhound1

Thanks for the reply Terry (and to ALL). The flange installed is the Sioux Chief TKO (3" I believe), and the top of the flange sits slightly higher than the soon-to-be-finished tile floor. Is a 3/4" spacer necessary in this installation? If it is used in this application, the flange will...
  5. greyhound1

HJ: Old ABS pipe and flange were removed, new PVC pipes from flange down through floor, angled to main stack.
  6. greyhound1

We purchased a Toto Ultramax II toilet for an existing powder room which we are renovating. The installer put 1/2" plywood and 1/2" cement board above the 3/4" planks original sub-floor. Tile is being installed on top of the cement board. As a brief history, 1/2" plywood was also laid on the...
  7. greyhound1

YIKES! (interpret as second guessing Toto Ultramax II purchase re small powder room)

Terry: I believe that the 21" forward clearance rule will not apply in my twp if I am only replacing an existing fixture. (I spoke with someone from twp) With that in mind, I was wondering if it is worth it for me to purchase a Toto Eco Ultramax with a rounded bowl and use the ultamax II for...
  8. greyhound1

YIKES! (interpret as second guessing Toto Ultramax II purchase re small powder room)

Terry: Thank you for replying so quickly. Is that picture an actual installation? My concern is whether this toilet will fail a code regulation. Is the 21 inch clearance in front of the toilet rule mandatory? Is this toilet too large for this powder room, given the specs? (I already...
  9. greyhound1

Background: I live in lower southampton twp , PA, and I'm redoing my small powder room (54" wide by 48" deep) in our new home. Once the walls are finished with tile, the distance between the walls in front of and in back of the toilet will be approximately 47 1/2 inches (I subtracted 1/4" tile...
  10. greyhound1

Ultramax II, left or right hand trip lever in small powder room?

Thank you for the responses. With the newly tiled walls, the center of the flange will be 14 3/4" from the left side wall. Since the Umax II is approximately 16 1/2" wide, the center of the tank to the left wall is approximately 8 1/4". Therefore, the clearance from the tank lever to the wall...
  11. greyhound1

Ultramax II, left or right hand trip lever in small powder room?

Greetings: We are re-doing our small first floor powder room and have decided on the Toto Ultramax II toilet. The powder room is 4 feet deep as you enter, and 4.5 feet wide. The toilet will set in the back left hand side of the room as you enter, and will be located next to a wall (to the...
  12. greyhound1

solaia cast iron boiler (3 pass) vs Burnham MPO series (3 pass) boiler both oil fired

Tom Sawyer: Although I respect your opinion, could you be more specific as to why you do not like either brand or type of boiler? Thank you. Greyhound1
  13. greyhound1

solaia cast iron boiler (3 pass) vs Burnham MPO series (3 pass) boiler both oil fired

Greetings: I am a residential homeowner and I intend to update my oil fired boiler with either a Solaia cast iron 3 pass system (firing rate of .75) or a Burnham MPO series 3 pass system (firing rate of .80). Both will be vented through my chimney (to be relined through a reputable chimney...
  14. greyhound1

second stage regulators, propane application

Is there a minimum "distance from the ground" requirement for second stage regulators attached to homes? I had heard that the reason for the minimum height requirement is so snow does not lay to a height that would clog the vent below the regulator. I also heard that if the main pipe attached to...
  15. greyhound1

propane gas; black iron & galvanized pipe; brass ball valves; dielectric couplings

I hope that this is the right section for this. As a 49 and closing in on 50 year old I know the risk in knowing just enough about a topic to get you into trouble. I live in southeastern PA and am having a propane gas installation. Black iron pipe will be installed in my basement for a dryer...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks