Recent content by grey2112

1. grey2112

Newbie here - Culligan Mark 915 Cul-Cleer system took nosedive, need advice

Yah, that's about what I do. When I did the first "real" cleaning, where I shut off all but the water going to the contact tank and the drain for it the water would shoot all around in the tank and then I would stop it, let it drain all the way, and do that again. I was getting thick sludge...
  2. grey2112

system Recommendations for well

I recall back when I lived in TN up in the mountains that we ended up having to have the same PVC shaft protector put in on our well shaft as every time it rained really hard it stirred up the water in the well and we got nasty looking water coming out. The PVC shaft protector with the hundreds...
  3. grey2112

Well, decided to go with the following as a replacement: Chemical injection with diaphragm design vs. the old Stenner pump, 35 gallon chlorine mixing tank, 80 gallon composite retention/contact tank, dual chamber filtration system (Autotrol 740/263 mounted on dual chamber 10x54 Vortex tank...
  4. grey2112

Thanks, Mikey. I've gotten some quotes already from 3 local guys - one is a plumber and recommended a setup that was a whole house filter first, then the carbon tank, then the softener - no chemicals. But based on our heavy iron content, I don't want to be constantly changing filters. The...
  5. grey2112

So, here's the short and straight of it (after I spent 1/2 hour typing out a detailed description here only to have it disappear on me - LOL) I have a God-knows-how-old Mark 915 Cul-Cleer unit - previous owners bought it 10 years ago as a REFURB - in the 3 years I've owned the house I have had...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks