Recent content by gregsauls

1. gregsauls

Tankless Water Heater for Tub

Hehehe... I don't even have to read the above, since the yaahoo is blocked by me and should be by all others, and I smell BS flowing deep!
  2. gregsauls

Dude, your were doing so well with your post until that last line and then you blew the credibility you gained prior. Change the word "most" to "some" and you might be back on track. Speaking as someone who owns a properly sized tankless unit operating in the southern states (warmer inlet...
  3. gregsauls

Ratz... great points on what it takes to properly install a system. I did my homework which is why I am not having problems with my "tankless system." I, and many others, just get sick of the "I hate tankless/technology" crowd that seems to poopoo anything they don't feel comfortable with...
  4. gregsauls

In all my years of customer service and support (25+) there always seems to be what I call "the rest of the story". When a system is down the blame is placed on the equipment as inferior or defective in nature. It's only after the tech arrives and starts digging into what is wrong that "the...
  5. gregsauls

Consider the above source. An out of touch with the real world "old school plumber". Probably just grasping the concept of indoor plumbing. :eek: Sorry to inform ALL, no problems with my tankless from day one. I know thats hard to grasp for the "old schoolers" on here.
  6. gregsauls

Maybe a preface is needed regarding my positive post! Geez IF, big IF, your water is a problem (pressure, quality etc) then a tankless will not work for you long term and the above begging to have it removed MIGHT apply to you! No if, ands or buts.... I, real world everday user here of a...
  7. gregsauls

Taking the other side... I would add a tankless unit in this case BEFORE messing further with a tank solutions. For one easy, quick reason... unlimited hot water. Whether you fill that 90 gallon tub once a day or march the whole family through one at a time and only half fill it a tankless...
  8. gregsauls

Tankless Descaler Kit

Great info and link!
  9. gregsauls

Tankless water heater. Need some data

Folks, here's what 15 or more pages of debate boil down too. Several (ie, more than 2) DIYers have installed tankless systems in their homes and are happy with them. Plumbers around the country are installing them successfully (ie. no manufacturer recalls). A few "boys" here hate them for...
  10. gregsauls

My plumbing supply guy will not stock the R53 as he says they are undersized for most installs in the area I live in. His reasoning, why stock something that will give problems, refuse the sale.
  11. gregsauls

Low HW pressure on Tankless System

I bought a little pump from Harbor Freight that powers off a drill. Works great for less than $10!
  12. gregsauls

Nope, don't own a TK3... I have a Rinnai R75lsi. Could have "got by" with a 53 but was advised to "upsize"... so I did.
  13. gregsauls

I agree with all of this... so we are back to "right sizing" the unit in the first place, just as you would with HVAC, electrical circuits, etc... The one neat thing with some of the better tankless units is the ability to grow the system by adding another unit and have them communicate with...
  14. gregsauls

We seem to be stuck on this idea that if one fixture is "on" in a house and getting 120 degree water from the tankless then if another fixture is turned on then the temp will go down and stay down. Not true! At least in the case of MY unit that is not true. When water flow is detected the...
  15. gregsauls

Straight Talk About "On-Demand Tankless Water Heaters by A.O. Smith

My Rinai R75lsi is what I would say to be about 50-55db....with 50 db being Normal conversation and 70 db being a Vacuum cleaner.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks