Recent content by gregs1

1. gregs1

Anybody do Radon?

With current fan on its still above 4 in the winter. My yearly average is about 4. I also want to check outside ambient in the winter.
  2. gregs1

Anybody do Radon?

I would warn many about taking readings. When I moved in new old 50's home, I measured it about mid summer. 2.. something. I sad good. A year and a half later I started monitoring about May. It was about 10. Slowly drooped until mid summer less than 2. Mid Sep. 10. Late Oct. approaching 30. I...
  3. gregs1

Anybody do Radon?

Its all plumbing except for the fan. Just wondered who does this. I have a temp fan going. I am installing two pipes to the roof soon, one for radon and one for plumbing vent pipe. Up through bathroom closet from basement. My temp fan only draws maybe 20 CFM max. I have no reason to have a...
  4. gregs1

Self Leveling compound question

I would play around with it first getting the feel. I put some on wood, and the mix was too thick, and did NOT self level at all. i had to quickly do it by hand.
  5. gregs1

Refinishing hard wood floors w/ stains

Its called Oxyclean., I redid the floors in the old house by sanding with the Varathane sander from Lowes. Dark stains will come off with Oxyclean, with repeat applications. Treat spots first. I do the whole floor also. Its only difficult to predict the final outcome with clean polyurathane. I...
  6. gregs1

Geothermal heat pump

I had thought about a geothermal system, probably the cheapest, is a rectangular hole. You dig down 6 feet maybe 12 by 24 foot trench. You just layer the bottom with plastic piping, and fill her up with dirt. Done. I'm sure the the location and terrain will determine the efficiency.
  7. gregs1

Tub valve leaking

Higher up, I was referring to the valve being closer to the shower head making the water level higher. That would be nice to know the brand. The washer is not flat, and all I have are flat washers. Besides, everything is banged up. Patched up, glued up. Need to redo. I would like to have some...
  8. gregs1

Radon

I should have gone to plumbing instead of shower, sorry.
  9. gregs1

Radon

I will be thinking the best way to locate plumbing to above the roof line. I have a bathroom closet I can run a pipe up. I'm thinking I need to form branches in the basement with at least two suction points. Currently my temporary fan is not sufficient to get below a level of 4. With fan off...
  10. gregs1

Bathroom Exhaust Fan

The cooler will suck in a lot of air, so I would go 10 foot away, but whats 100 CFM compared to a couple thousand !! 1/20 th. Don't worry about it. I have installed a bathroom fan with attic fan remote for the lowest noise. I have been rethinking that it would be all better if I did not vent...
  11. gregs1

Tub valve leaking

Maybe the hot valve is 57 years old. I can't find proper washers. i got a two valve T. One problem I have, the shower head will start dripping with the tub filling. Water pressure is 60 Lbs. I could replace the t with a three valve and that would fix that problem. OK, I'm considering a single...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks