Recent content by GregoryR

1. GregoryR

Humming Sound from Boiler Electrical Component

Hello, As far as I can remember, this piece has been the cause of a humming noise. Any ideas on what this does and if I could easily replace it? Thanks! Gregory
  2. GregoryR

Boiler Pipes hot when heat has been off for months? Boiler used for DHW.

The wrap insulation on the thick black pipe is covering up the temperature probe from the outdoor reset. The entire black pipe(insulated with the pre-formed white insulation) is shown in the next picture as well at the bottom left. To the left, you will see the same pipe in photo one, exiting...
  3. GregoryR

There you are :). The black box says McDonnell & Miller Fluid Control Division ITT. Thanks!
  4. GregoryR

Hello all, I currently have a 25ish year old Weil McClain boiler. We have yet to use the heat up here in Maine(thankfully), so the boiler is only being used for DHW via tankless coil right now. I've noticed that the main hot water outlet coming out the top of the boiler is very hot, all the...
  5. GregoryR

Proper settings Enertrol

Done and done, thanks so much. Hopefully we'll see some savings now that this thing is actually doing its job.
  6. GregoryR

Proper settings Enertrol

Uploaded with ImageShack.us I had tried to upload one earlier, but I think it was too large. This should work.
  7. GregoryR

Proper settings Enertrol

Hello, Could any of you help me with setting this thing (outdoor reset) up properly? People on this site were a real good help last time I had questions, and I thank all of you for your time.
  8. GregoryR

Aquastat(?) on Forced Hot Water Weil-McClain(about 25 years old)

I am. Did you buy your own stuff to be installed, and then steal them? Hahaha. Know of any hot water heater installers around here?
  9. GregoryR

The quote was from Dead River, in Rumford, if you have heard of them.
  10. GregoryR

The quote for the Indirect came in - 41 gallon Pure Pro installed for $3,380! Eek! I guess that isn't going to happen. I really need to find somebody to quote me on something electric. Looking at the data pdf somebody had posted, my tankless coil is about 24.5% efficient in the summer season.
  11. GregoryR

My zipcode is 04276. With delivery(CMP, Central Maine Power, is not allowed to generate and directly deliver, so there is one company to generate and one to deliver) I figure we pay $0.18/kwH. I did pay about 99 cents/gal for my deliveries between 1997-1999. Nothing less than $2.30 since 2004 I...
  12. GregoryR

According to NOAA's heating degree day chart by month(for my town): Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Annual 27 62 231 555 882 1339 1504 1280 1091 696 352 90 8109 A high pressure natural gas line does run under the town, but town officials have been using that as an excuse and...
  13. GregoryR

Ah yes, I've seen those in hotels. So how does the inside connect with the outside if there is no duct? That looks like a really cool idea for heating/cooling in general. With a <1000 sq ft year round living space that could probably provide everything.
  14. GregoryR

I know you were responding to somebody else, but just FYI this was turned off for a whole week this June and the only leak was from the...ahh..copper pipe on the side? If you know what I mean? 1. It does get professionally cleaned before each heating season, yes. 2.Does this save oil? Or...
  15. GregoryR

Sounds like it wouldn't be quite worth it(2k), and thanks for the advice. We are in central Oxford County. I made a spreadsheet based on orders for oil. We only order when the gauge has been on empty for about 5-7 days. I've attached it for you. Current differential is at 15. Electricity is...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks