Recent content by Greenmonster304

1. Greenmonster304

Well Picture Thread

How and where does the cycle sensor get wired
  2. Greenmonster304

Well Picture Thread

Believe me I did not want to set up the way it is but I am just irrigation contractor. I told the manager of the site what type of well we needed and I had The well contractor that I typically use give a price for cycle stop valve and 80 gallon tank which would've been set up properly but they...
  3. Greenmonster304

Well Picture Thread

I plumbed this up last week for an irrigation system that i installed i requested the driller provide cycle stop brand valve but he gave me the flowmatic instead. The pump is a 15 hp that makes about 175 gpm
  4. Greenmonster304

How to Hook Portable Generator to House Well Pump.....

I shut my main breaker and back feed through my dryer outlet. This way I can run anything in the house I want although not at the same time.
  5. Greenmonster304

Well problem. Need advice/knowledge

Who did you call? Gregor or Casola
  6. Greenmonster304

40 hp vs. 20 hp with booster?

I think we are about 50 to water and they were going to drill 100' casing with 30' of screen
  7. Greenmonster304

40 hp vs. 20 hp with booster?

So I am installing an irrigation system for a horse show. We need 350 gpm @ 100 psi. The driller I work with offered two options, a 40 hp or a 20 hp with vfd booster. My initial thought was the 40 hp because it's one less thing to go wrong but I am not sure. What do you guys think? Valve...
  8. Greenmonster304

The well is in, now what

Do you think this rule is followed or enforced strictly? It would seem unlikely that on a service call for no water the well service tech wold say " sorry Mrs. Jones with 3 young kids i can't get water back on because Mass says I can't connect these three little wires, you have to call and...
  9. Greenmonster304

The well is in, now what

Really? CT doesn't let you install 3 crimp connectors at the well head? What about the connection from the pump to the sub wire, do you have to call an electrician for that too?
  10. Greenmonster304

Pump school

Hi, I was wondering if anyone knows of any courses pertaining to pump troubleshooting and service. I am in the north east. Thanks
  11. Greenmonster304

Replacing submersible - Aermotor, Franklin, Myers, Sta-Rite? PVC or metal drop pipe?

If you are only starting with 40 psi the heads won't perform well. Rotors are designed to have 45 psi at the head. So if you only have 40psi to start by the time the water gets to the head with all the friction loss through valves, piping, and fittings you will prob have 30-35 psi at the head.
  12. Greenmonster304

Reccomend electric Valves into 1-1/4" PVC pipe

NO valve-http://www.irritrol.com/valves/100centuryplus.html NC valve- http://www.irritrol.com/valves/valves_200bs.html Relay- http://ribrelays.com/ Any 24v transformer.
  13. Greenmonster304

Reccomend electric Valves into 1-1/4" PVC pipe

I think 110v valves will be expensive. You could use 24v solenoid valves with relays and a trasformer.
  14. Greenmonster304

Irrigation Well Pump Stop Working After Breaker Jumped - Please Help.

Sounds like your system uses about 15 gpm. Thst csv has about 15 psi of loss. If your system was marginal to begin with lossing 15 lbs off the top would give you really crappy pressure at the heads. A plastic csv may have been a bettet choice as the loss is much lower.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks