Recent content by Grayfeathers

1. Grayfeathers

No Name Toilet Continues to Leak Around Flapper

This particular replacement part didn't have the cut outs. Thanks
  2. Grayfeathers

I think that was it. The tube was shoved at least an inch below the water line. So far the toilet hasn't re filled on it's on all day. I have since cut the extra length to fit. Thanks.
  3. Grayfeathers

I went to Lowe's and got the only universal one they had which was a Korky. The chain does have slack but not so much as to get tangled into the flush handle.
  4. Grayfeathers

I've got a toilet which I can't find a name anywhere on it. Toilet is about 25 years old and just recently started leaking around the flapper. I noticed it when I kept hearing the toilet fill up. I've replaced the flapper twice with no success in stopping the water flow. I'm replacing the...
  5. Grayfeathers

Both suction & discharge pressure drops into vacuum when unit runs.

NukeMan, It has a piston style metering device.
  6. Grayfeathers

Model number is PGB060100 Serial # is 9810627804
  7. Grayfeathers

No king valves Unit is a package unit with gas heat. Everything is on the roof. There is no king valve just a straight shot from the service ports.
  8. Grayfeathers

Hey Don, thanks for your reply. Now when you say flush; I didn't use any chemicals used to flush out a system but I did run Nitrogen through the system while sweating in the dryer and compressor. I didn't notice any blockage while while sweating the connections. I don't have the model # now...
  9. Grayfeathers

Unit is a rooftop 5 ton Goodman about 10 years old. Unit was not running and compressor was grounded when I first arrived. Unit was also void of refrigerant because of two leaks, one in suction service line and the other in the middle of liquid line dryer. I repaired leaks, replaced...
  10. Grayfeathers

Thermal Expantion Tank vs Thermal Expansion Relief Valve?

Thanks for all the respnses I'll look into getting a Thermal Expansion Tank. Sounds like it's the way to go. I'll probably do it right and get a professional in here and do the job. Thanks again for all your help guys.
  11. Grayfeathers

Thermal Expantion Tank vs Thermal Expansion Relief Valve?

The Water Works dept. has decided to redo our water mains and install new water meters with a duel-check backflow preventer. The Water Works dept. has requested that the private owner install, or should I say have a professional install a Thermal Expansion relief device. They have suggested...
  12. Grayfeathers

Water Heater Noise Question

I"m got a hot water heater at work that is making this god awful sound that is resonating(sp) up through the floors. I'm not at work right now and I don't have all the information on it but I'll try to give the best descriptioin possible. The water heater has got to be at least 100 to 150...
  13. Grayfeathers

Getting heater fan to start

I've seen this several times. The fan usually has two speeds, fast and slow. During the AC mode the fan runs on the fas speed and during the heat mode the fan runs on the slow speed. I've replaced moters where the slow speed has failed. I'll be willing to bet that this is your problem. Need...
  14. Grayfeathers

My Tankless Experience

I'm glad that you are having great service out of your tankless. I have a wife and three kids that get ready every morning along with myself and I have yet to run out of hot water while taking a shower. I have a 40 gal. gas water heater. The first thing my wife does every morning is get up...
  15. Grayfeathers

Strange sound only from HOT water

I had the same problem The sound was so loud that we couldn't use the shower. The difference is I knew where my sound was coming from, the hot water side of my shower unit. Thanks to Redwood, he told me to replace the diverter in the shower and wala it worked, no more jackhammering. Don't...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks