Recent content by goldie

1. G

Not enough hot water

Good news, after having the same repair man come over three times to determine nothing is wrong I asked the warranty company to send out someone else. When the new repair man called I explained what was wrong and he knew it was the dip tube. Came over this morning and replaced it, sure enough...
  2. G

Not enough hot water

I just measured the flow rate at 5 GPM from the bath tub, not shower. So, starting at 137 degrees the water temp dropped to 100 degrees after 11 minutes at 5 GPM. I measured the flow rate of our shower head to be around 2.5 GPM. What doesn't make sense is that 1.5 hours before the repairman...
  3. G

Not enough hot water

Update, the repair man came over today, he measured the hot water from our bathtub. Turned the water on to the highest/hottest setting, measured 137 degrees at the beginning and 100 after 11 minutes. He called the warranty company and said the water heater is fine. From the numbers provided...
  4. G

Not enough hot water

Thanks everyone, this has been very helpful. So far I have not had any problems with the warranty company or the repair person, I just want to be proactive with dealing with this issue. Someone is coming out on Monday so hopefully he will get this fixed.
  5. G

Not enough hot water

Attempted to search for a similar issue and didn't find anything, I apologize if this has been brought up before. I moved into a house with a 1996 Kenmore 40 gallon gas water heater. I was going to take a shower but discovered there was no hot water, although after running the water for awhile...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks