Recent content by Gohot

1. Gohot

Plumbing a second bladderless pressure well tank

This pretty much sums up the project. Either in series so the first burps to the second when the air gets to be excess, or a line connecting the two at the top, and the second tank AVC being the control for both. Air gets pumped into the first via the well pump, and air bleeds through to the...
  2. Gohot

Paragraph one above, is right on. I think if I initially added more air to the system before even turning on the pump initially, it would get "ripe" sooner than waiting for both tanks to balance with each successive cycle. A shraeder valve on both tanks will go on next time I empty both...
  3. Gohot

Good thoughts. One bleeder can in fact be shut off. I am currently running with the smaller tank bleeder turned down tight, because it gets most of the blast of air from the pump on startup. The air pressure eventually shares with the larger. I have the larger set loose. Am waiting to see if...
  4. Gohot

That would be a workable solution for sure. Would need to periodically charge the second tank manually. My goal was to minimize having to deal with the system.
  5. Gohot

Excellent suggestion. I would need to devise a way to get the incoming water to divide equally to both tanks at the start of the cycle. That is why I connected from the top instead, to equilibrate the pressure and prevent vacuum at the top of either tank, and to share the pressure from the air...
  6. Gohot

When I remove the air line, no air gets in to the larger tank, because it is further from the pump than the first tank. hence it only releases a little water before vacuum develops above the water, and no more comes out. if the air line is removed, I would need to charge the tank periodically...
  7. Gohot

Report so far: BTW, thanks all for the excellent dialogue. So, just for clarification, I did in fact measure the tanks, diameter and length, for the record, I was wrong in my original post. The vertical tank is 3 ft diameter, and 6 feet tall. The lateral tank is 3 ft diameter and 10feet long...
  8. Gohot

Excellent suggestions from all. I went out and completely emptied both tanks bone dry, then refilled. After the pump stopped, I could sound the tanks and estimate the water line. I believe this is what is happening: The cut off pressure is 55 lb, and that is the pressure of the compressed air...
  9. Gohot

Thanks for the suggestion. Placement of a valve for charging the larger tank is my fall back plan. I am trying to work it out so it works automatically without my having to interfere. I am thinking raising the on it's side tank so it's top(side) is level with the top of the upright tank.
  10. Gohot

The smaller tank is roughly 2 feet diameter, and upright. The one it's side tank is almost three feet diameter. The middle of the larger tank, the center level if you will, is even with the level at where the water would be in the smaller tank when it cuts off at 55 lb. The top of the larger...
  11. Gohot

Sorry, I meant a long tube filled with water, to see where the level was on either end.
  12. Gohot

Would it matter or not matter where the level of the water is, as I envisioned the water level being the same in both tanks, as long as they were connected top and bottom. Therefore, if one tank was higher than the other at the top, the water levels would still be the same? Similar to using a...
  13. Gohot

I currently have a 5 hp well pump 170 feet down, feeding a 385 g bladderless tank, with a 2 inch pipe. Ok for the home, but now have irrigation demands. The set up is ok for the sprinklers, stay on at approximately 45 psi while the sprinkler banks are working. However, when running the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks