Recent content by GlobalTerrain

1. GlobalTerrain

Wet basement ... landscaping

He said it's going to take about 5 days, and $5500 bid. Several pipes, longest a 6" that runs about 50' the entire length from back yard to front.
  2. GlobalTerrain

Here's my latest plan to discuss with the landscaper, any ideas appreciated by both of us. Dig a trench from the left rear of the house around under the deck on the outside of the steps. (or go all the way to the outside corner of the right rear of the house) Under the deck install a large...
  3. GlobalTerrain

Yes very true, as I understand it same rule here, you aren't supposed to have your water drain into others property. I called the water company and they came out and looked at the drain. They said the drain was installed by the developer but the would fill in the hole (they haven't). No...
  4. GlobalTerrain

I appreciate all the advice. It's unwanted irrigation...LOL, ok, seriously I couldn't find a better place to ask this question. Here's a good pick of the back yard, the water is coming off the hill, most of it is going over the storm drain in the back yard and into the window well by the HVAC...
  5. GlobalTerrain

An excellent landscaper came out today, he walked every inch, looked in the collector in the back yard, jumped in my window well, talked with me for about an hour. Will write up a bid this weekend, I was extremely pleased. He never mentioned cleaning the drain or anything, I'm really not sure...
  6. GlobalTerrain

That explains a lot thanks. My understanding is the collection pipes under my house that lead to the sump will eventually clog with silt and debris, so what you are saying makes sense to have this checked/cleaned. You do you mean the PVC pipes under my house that lead into my sump hole or...
  7. GlobalTerrain

Great points, thank you! Would a plumber have a camera to do this? Is there a special high pressure hose, who does this kind of work? I believe this is the most likely problem and solution, just don't know what kind of tradesman does work like this. But I'll start asking around, plumbers and...
  8. GlobalTerrain

The other day my basement got very wet, ruined the carpet and padding in the finished area. The unfinished area, bathroom and HVAC room still bone dry. The water is definitely coming up through the floor in a few spots (hydrostatic pressure). There are no visible cracks and only one spot...
  9. GlobalTerrain

Dishwasher leak, is it an air-gap issue?

I'll check From the diagram on your site (thanks Terry!), I see how it is most likely connected. So to check this I need to detach the hose that goes to the garbage disposal and see if the plug has been removed? I'll check it soon, thanks. Tom
  10. GlobalTerrain

Dishwasher leak, is it an air-gap issue?

Greetings, (my first post) Trying to save some money and want to fix this myself, hope someone can help, thanks in advance. The dishwasher came installed in my new home (8yrs ago), my earliest memory of trying to use it, it leaked onto the floor. There's just the two of us, so we only...
  11. GlobalTerrain

Need help replacing shower drain base

sounds good, thanks! With any luck, if I don't sleep in tomorrow will be the day (durock, floor, drain and Kerdi!). If I sleep in then watch NFL, maybe I'll get to it on Monday (lots of time off....LOL). Once I start with the thinset, it looks like I have to install all the Kerdi at once...
  12. GlobalTerrain

Drain too height, how best to cut it? jad, Glad I came back here again, thought my 'plumbing' issue was resolved, but it isn't completely. My drain pipe sticking up is about 2" too high, how best to cut it back? I thought the Schluter drain had some height adjustment? I'm using CBU...
  13. GlobalTerrain

Kerdi tips jad, Thanks for all the feedback, I'll try to post my progress tomorrow (I guess I could be posting to my original thread on the johnbridge site?). I bleached everyplace I saw any dark wood, there was some mold there originally (this is what started my project). I also read...
  14. GlobalTerrain

Schluter Systems Thanks for the info and encouragement. I'm taking my shower renovation slow (biggest project of my life - not really a DYI'er). I read up and decided to go with Schluter from the JohnBridge site, awesome. Had to come here to get an answer to my drain removal question. On...
  15. GlobalTerrain

Thank you!!! cwhyu2, That simple bit of advice you just gave me worked. It must seem so obvious, but my inexperience... I could only find videos on this (very few) and they all showed hacksawing the PVC then refitting a new piece. I just pried in the rubber and it came out. I...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks