Recent content by gizmodiy

1. gizmodiy

Pump cyles on/off rapidly

That was it! It makes so much sense in retrospect (doesn't it always!). Once I moved the pressure switch to the other side of the check valve and moved the pump close to the pressure tank it was working perfect! Thank you LL and Valveman. Great diagnostics and advice.
  2. gizmodiy

Thank you. I will give it a try. Given that I move the pump and pressure tank from 80' to 116' fed with 1" poly from the lake, is the tank big enough at 20 Gal? What is the experience if its not? Will it re-cycle rapidly, or will it just pump more frequently? The dwelling has 1 toilet, 1...
  3. gizmodiy

My 1/2 hp jet pump starts/stops several times in rapid succession after I recently moved the red lion RL20 20 gal pre-charged pressure tank. This is a cottage application where the jet pump draws water from the lake. Prior to moving the pressure tank, the tank and the pump were about 80' from...
  4. gizmodiy

Where to buy an air vent valve for a residential application?

Thanks. I checked it out. Its about $330 for the two valves and an anti-hammer pre-assembled. Another $300 for the diverter. Seems expensive but still looking to price compare if I can find a supplier and information on size of the outlet I would need.
  5. gizmodiy

Thank you. That makes sense and explains why GA industries supplies only commercial needs. Follow up questions: If I have a 1" pipe then should I be getting 1" valves for both? Any recommendations where to buy them on online?
  6. gizmodiy

I've been trying to find an air vent valve in the Toronto area but I haven't been able to find a supplier who is familiar with these, and more importantly help me choose the right one for my application. I'm looking to build a water drain back system where a lake submersible pump (10 GPM) will...
  7. gizmodiy

submersible pump and pipe routing

Thank you for the feedback! Any opinions on 1. The placement of the Pressure Switch, which I have on the horizontal pipe to the pressure tank? Any issues with this? 2. The configuration being vertical instead horizontal? Any issues with this?
  8. gizmodiy

I'm fairly week in the drawing department :) At the very bottom of the picture I've tried to draw a "T" where one direction goes to the lake and the other allow water to drain out of the system when I need to void the interior pipes for the winter. The dwelling is not heated in the winter or...
  9. gizmodiy

>> I question why 1.5 HP? Sorry, typo. Its a 1/2 HP, 230V, 2 wire. The vertical height from the resting point in the lake to all the pressure take is no more than 20 feet. The distance is about 135 feet.
  10. gizmodiy

I am replacing a jet pump with a submersible pump (1.2 hp, 2-wire, 10 GPM) in a lake application. In the process I am moving the hot water tank (from outside to inside - don't ask!). My question is with respect to the placement of the pressure tank, pressure switch, relief valve, pressure gauge...
  11. gizmodiy

How to choose a reasonably good quality submersible pump?

Thanks again. That's an interesting picture, but it looks like any debris that falls in would collect at the bottom. I found this link, which presumably hangs off some kind of stand http://www.pacificliquid.com/inducer.pdf I found this commercial product too...
  12. gizmodiy

Thank you, LLigetfa! Yes, I have been into cottage water supplies a couple of times. A very nice guy who is very willing to explain everything. He says that there are two ways to deal with the back flow. Once is to simply drill a 1/16" hole just before the jump and that seems to work well. He...
  13. gizmodiy

I'm hoping to pick the brains of some of the great minds I see posting to this site. I am converting from a jet pump to a 4" 10 GPM 1/2 HP deep well submersible pump to bring lake water to a cottage. It may be 2 wire or 3 wire. I will very likely use it a self draining system for winter water...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks