Recent content by Gfe76

1. Gfe76

moen single shower control

thanks to all..krow, you were right, all i needed to do was to take handle off and rotate 180 deg (to six o'clock position)...now works fine...THANKS
  2. Gfe76

moen single shower control

OK, guys (and gals)....just moved into new house..built in 2000. one of the baths has a moen single control shower....silver backplate with teardrop shape, clear plastic knob with gray trim, with H and C in white lettering. When water is off the point of the tear points at "12 o'clock". When...
  3. Gfe76

Large root in sewer line

As usual, good ideas... 1. I'll try root x (or maybe copper sulphate crystals?) 2. I'll put cleanout in 4" stack in basement 3. This winter, I'll take tree out.... it is only 12" in diameter, not 22" 4. In spring I will dig up section with backhoe and replace. Thanks again for taking...
  4. Gfe76

Large root in sewer line

Need advice. 35 yr old house in Atlanta. 2 story with basement. Lot slopes to rear of house with french doors from basement to back lawn. Basement toilet backs up. 4" cast iron drain hanging from ceiling of basement going into verticle 4" cast iron stack which goes into basement floor and...
  5. Gfe76

Bosch dishwasher not draining all the time

I think I asked this same question on this forum and was told that is the way the Bosch is designed....I verified it with the manufacturer (because I doubted the responses----even though these guys are GREAT to take the time to even respond to us novices!).....Bosch told me you just have to run...
  6. Gfe76

Blanco kitchen faucet

Thanks for the reply. I called Blanco and talked to a tech rep----who was quite helpful and is sending me a cartridge and "o" rings for free. I went online and found a schematic. I took it apart and used plumber's grease and things seem to work better----or it may just be psychological at...
  7. Gfe76

Blanco kitchen faucet

by "spout", you mean the faucet body coming up out of sink, right? To remove what I call the spout (the piece with hose that comes out of body where cartridge is located), do I have to turn off water under sink? I realize to replace the cartridge I must turn off water. How difficult to...
  8. Gfe76

Blanco kitchen faucet

Blanco Harvest faucet, model 157-080-st with pull out spray. The body coming out of sink (where ceramic cartridge is located) is stiff to rotate. Can I take control lever off, unscrew large ring, lift body off and grease with plumber's grease? Is that how to get to o rings in body (not...
  9. Gfe76

fluidmaster/toilet

I agree Redwood....thanks
  10. Gfe76

fluidmaster/toilet

no, flow is fine to seal because with top of column off, I turned the water on to "flush" the fluidmaster column and the water pressure and volume are fine.... I have copper pipes and the shutoff valve is relatively new..
  11. Gfe76

fluidmaster/toilet

I have a standard toilet about 30 yrs old...it has fluidmaster "guts" that are about 5 years old. the toilet works ok, but it takes 65 sec to fill tank after flushing. I turned off water, took top off fluidmaster column, reamed column with straightened coat hanger and then turned water on/off...
  12. Gfe76

Emulsified Water-No Spot Car Wash

Ok...don't anybody chastise me because I have never done this, but a car detailer told me if you add about 6 oz of kerosene to a 5 gal bucket of soapy water the water will "sheet" off. I've never tried it due to environmental reasons, but wondered if anybody else has heard of this?
  13. Gfe76

ball valve

Ok guys, Took off the compression ball valve. Ball will not rotate when handle is rotated. It is a Apollo International, with yellow plastic over handle. 600 cwp. CII----whatever that means. It doesn't look like the normal valve. the "nuts" immediately on both side of the handle are larger...
  14. Gfe76

ball valve

No, line was not frozen. the low was 25 but it got up to 60 yesterday. When I got home about 7 pm it would still not allow water to pass. The cold side worked fine (even that morning) and cold work fine at 7 pm.
  15. Gfe76

ball valve

I have ball valves on with compression fittings, so will be easy to change out. I thought I had read somewhere that hot would freeze faster and at lower temps, but I can promise you the "stem" is turning but the ball is not. so, again, how? cheap ball? Bad luck with bad valve? Once I take it...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks