Recent content by geronimo21

1. geronimo21

Angle stop installation thread and video

"There's a thread on here where I showed a guy how easy it would be to just turn off the water, cut the pipe, and install the new cutoff, including a video showing it done. It's just a compression fitting, so no soldering necessary. He had no idea it would be so simple." wjcandee, Do you...
  2. geronimo21

American Standard shower stem won't come out...

Wave washer... Thanks, hj! Hmmm...I didn't see it on the old stem or in the valve...and the new one went in...maybe it fell on the shower floor when I pulled the old stem out. Or maybe it wasn't there to begin with as you suggested. Thanks for all the info...keeping fingers crossed it all...
  3. geronimo21

Thanks, DavidSeon, I figured that out after a little while. The light bulb finally went off. I looked and felt inside the valve and didn't see or feel any old wave washer. Maybe there wasn't one to begin with. The house was built in '71 and I don't know if they were part of the stems back...
  4. geronimo21

Thanks, hj. I think my level of incompetence hit a new low. I got the old stems out with your advice to pull HARD. Bought the new stems, replaced the seat...was about to put the new stem in and realized one gasket in the package that I have no idea where it goes. I took a picture of the stem...
  5. geronimo21

Thank you. Thanks for the advice. It's exactly what my wife said. Always listen to the wife, right? Usually when I force things, I break them. So, I was erring on the side of caution. Thanks for the confirmation, though. It really helps...
  6. geronimo21

I have a drip from the shower head. This is a two handle 1970s American Standard. I believe the drip is coming from the cold water handle. I removed the handle and packing nut. I tried to remove the stem to get to the washers and seat, but the stem just keep spinning in place and won't...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks