Recent content by gennady

1. gennady

Old house with oil/steam heat - help

Sure VFD or at least bypass pressure differential. VFD will decrease flow trough system and boiler without separation when load will drop. Differential pressure by pass will keep same max flow trough the boiler even system flow might be very low, if there is no separation when load will drop...
  2. gennady

Are you even reading my posts?
  3. gennady

Maybe now is the time to read this book?
  4. gennady

So, if you using TRVs, do you use p/s or you still using direct pumping ? Also buderus , Weil McLain and slant fin are great brand names and I feel good you some how place me in that group in regards of single minded average plumber I am. So still do you use TRVs with direct pumped boiler ?
  5. gennady

boiler 200000 btu

Find qualified installer with good track record and references, and he will guide you trough whole process. Just place price issue at #5 in your priorities list in this project.
  6. gennady

Quote Originally Posted by BadgerBoilerMN QUOTE: Viessmann does not mandate P/S and one of the reasons they are one of our favorites on steam and gravity conversions. They do like to sell hydrolic separators, something trade magazines and those who write for them are sensitive to. There...
  7. gennady

Usually $20k+ only boiler with indirect. Steam to hot water with mod con boiler and indirect for 20K is below the cost in my opinion.
  8. gennady

where in my post "these are clear guidelines for LLH also make a note that in viessmann opinion primary secondary arrangement does promote condensing in condensing boilers, quite different from your statement." you see words viessmann mandates? Also see all benefits listed. Why not do it...
  9. gennady

It costs much more than $20.000 to do steam to hot water conversion properly
  10. gennady

This is not true. load is determined by space heat loss, not temperature of radiator. Also, delivering higher temperature water to radiator or manifold, allows to cut on flow, because heat load is dictated by heat loss, and using universal formula Q=dTxFlow(GPM) x500, where Q is amount of heat...
  11. gennady

these are clear guidelines for LLH also make a note that in viessmann opinion primary secondary arrangement does promote condensing in condensing boilers, quite different from your statement.
  12. gennady

Well insulated steam pipes losing as little heat as well insulated hot water piping. It does not matter what diameter piping there, it matters how well piping insulation done in unconditioned spaces. And we do it well. Heat losses of uninsulated brownstones are high, but does heat loss depends...
  13. gennady

Maybe you need this book signed by Dan Hologan I attached photo of afterword page. Interesting reading, isn't it? BTW, last time I saw Dan, he thanked me for contribution to his site. And this page is from viessman vitodens boiler installation manual. This boiler is so new, it will...
  14. gennady

Why you discriminating against elderly people and cats? They can be burnt by hot radiator too. And what about a cup of tea? What if children are around cup of tea of 200F. They can get burnt too. Steam is around for a quite a few years and i still have to hear about children burnt by hot...
  15. gennady

Btu is btu. What gets lost trough envelope of building gets replenished by radiator output. When balance loss/gain is reached temperature in the room gets stable. Your reference to lower radiator temperature on forced hot water system probably is outdoor reset, on steam I use indoor reset. High...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks