Recent content by GeneT

1. GeneT

Eternal Hybrid Water Heater

I just finished having an Eternal GU145(S) installed. I did the gas piping and had a water heater company install the Eternal. Similar to a previous post I phoned Grand Hall and verified that the Eternal required no annual maintenance other than cleaning the screen that filters the incoming...
  2. GeneT

PEX Retorfit Questions and a new water heater in the works

The PEX questions are born from a pending water heater replacement. The house is 1955, 3 bedroom 1 bath construction with galvanized pipes. The American, Bedford model electric water heater was here when we moved here in 1985. No leaks or problems so far but at this age I'd rather replace it...
  3. GeneT

Redesign Water Heater System

Interesting Reads I appreciate all the discussion. I've been tied up for a couple of days with work and computer projects. The galvanized pipes do need to be replaced. The recirculation line seem more reasonable after reading the comments. I'm still going to consider moving the water...
  4. GeneT

Thanks a bunch. Fellows thanks for the discussion and ideas! I will do more research and decide on an approach. There's no question that I want to replace the line, I'd be surprised if it wasn't 1/4" instead of a 1/2" pipe by now but that wouldn't preclude using any of the ideas presented...
  5. GeneT

Extra noise I'm not found of the thought of extra motor coming on a little bit before I have to get up in the morning. Also as I understand it and I could be completely off base here, but this it how it was explained to me by the guy at the plumbing store (local - not Terry's) who said the...
  6. GeneT

I currently have a +25 year old water heater that lives in the garage which is at the complete opposite end of the house from the bathroom but it is next to the kitchen (laundry and dishwasher), so for the bathroom I have the long run, takes time to get hot water problem. A part of this...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks