Recent content by Gdunbar

1. Gdunbar

How much lip for Fernco needed?HELP

yea I hear you. I wonder, is Lead joints even allowed in California? gd p.s. also HJ, what would be a normal price for pouring a new joint and short stub for pipe.? Nevermind labor for sliding tub out etc...
  2. Gdunbar

How much lip for Fernco needed?HELP

There is a 2in cast iron pipe for shower drain which has been snapped just above the Bell coupler. It is jagged, ranges like teeth from about .5in to 1in. Surface was crusty but solid. First the plumber used Fernco 2in cast to 2in ABS. This allowed a leak to seep from cast iron (at the...
  3. Gdunbar

Cast iron to ABS Tub drain

I am also thinking....is it possible I could put a reducer fitting (fernco) ontop the old Lead Coupler? It seems to be in solid shape. Would the water get trapped? Probably would be a 3in to 1.5 reducer. BTW, i pulled off the fitting around the broken stub and I think the issue is the edges...
  4. Gdunbar

wow. This is great. So he does come back, tries to tighten it. Still leaks. He says, "Well I'll just charge you for time and materials" and that now he needs to remove the old pipe out of the Lead filled coupler (he had a name for it) , then clean out the lead, then put in a new 2in piece...
  5. Gdunbar

Yea, I have my doubts about this guy, hence the question how to fix. He is coming back in the am and I'll see what he says. I really dont want to have him re-jackhammer , get into the actual sewer line for fear of them breaking that line then its all a Ratf@&*!
  6. Gdunbar

Had plumbers remove old 2in cast iron p trap for a shower, and install a ABS 1.5in P trap for a tub/shower. All he did was jackhammer around, snap cut the cast which broke all jagged at the lead coupler. He left about a lip ranging from .5in to 1 in protruding from the old Lead coupler. He...
  7. Gdunbar

Tub suggestions?

It seems mathmatically impossible, but I will soon find out. Tub arrives today, and hope to install Friday as they suggest. Ended up paying $65 to HD for them to deliver to curb. I can dolly it in, but then it gets harry.
  8. Gdunbar

Symmons Shower valve PLATE

I am remodeling a bathroom, and would like to reuse the Symmons Temp-trol shower/bath valve, which is barely a year old. So the deal is they used this large round plate to hide the large hole. But now I am rebuilding the whole wall/tile so I could cut a small hole, is there a way to get a...
  9. Gdunbar

Tub suggestions?

terry, tell me if I got this right... If I rough out the area 60 inches long at studs, I can roll in the tub , lower it down, it will hit the studs, and if I pry up the other end it will rock itself down? Without breaking studs?? No stairs involved. I think I've convinced myself cast is...
  10. Gdunbar

That Ultramax U like, supply line?

I've ordered that Toto ultramax (with SG) and am awaiting its arrival. I've downloaded the rough in instructions. Where does the supply line come in? According to drawings it is 5 inches off center to Right (if you are looking at it from front). I always thought supply line comes from the...
  11. Gdunbar

Tub suggestions?

I recently ordered the toilet that Terry suggests. CAn't wait. But I'd also like a suggestion for a tub. 5 footer, with skirt. Had to pullout a cast iron, man it was too heavy, even after I smashed the crap out of it. I am looking at this Americast thing, for weights sake. But I just wonder...
  12. Gdunbar

Ready for Concrete HELP toilet flange

did the pour today. Check out how I propped the flange so it would be straight. It was off like by 1/4 or so. Ingenious. And yes I found the wrap at HD for .87$. I just used one layer of it and dry fit the flange for now. Then I'll remove after it dries etc... No worries, the vent is...
  13. Gdunbar

Yea, thats right. He mentioned something about wrap, but then he didn't do it. What is the Wrap?? Then I can pour concrete, then tile then set the flange. And he did say if it is too high, just to cut off the bottom of the flange.This is the type that goes over the 3 in pipe. And I can...
  14. Gdunbar

Yes, I told them I would do most of the connections. This was to save $$. I guess my main confusion is I didn't realize the flange needs to be bolted to the concrete. Trying to figure how to do this, and get it at the right height for the finished floor. What is the easiest way to do this...
  15. Gdunbar

Ok, so plumbers just left me with rough lines. It's my duty to now patch all the concrete, attach flange, etc... So he's left me with a 3 in ABS with a Flange attached (not glued) and it sits about 1.5 inches above grade. He says I can saw off bottom part of flange to make it shorter. But...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks