Recent content by gbutts

1. gbutts

winterize bladder tank

this summer replaced my old pressure tank with a new bladder tank - am very happy with the smaller size but have one question on how to winterize it. Have been draining the system for the winter for 20 years with no issues despite leaving property with no heat and 20 below temperatures. One...
  2. gbutts

calculate GPM

Valveman: I had read elsewhere about the cycle stop valve - have not found a contractor in the area yet who is familiar, they keep trying to sell vfd. Guess I need to keep looking.
  3. gbutts

calculate GPM

I hope some one can help me -- I am getting conflicting opinions on the size of pressure tank required for my irrigation system. It is an old system that looks like it was put together out of spare parts, the existing pressure tank is in excess of 50 years and has now sprung leaks everywhere...
  4. gbutts

submersible well motor voltage

pump supplies a shopping centers lawn sprinkler system - seemed large to me as well but well company tells me they replaced what they pulled out. When they replaced the pump they also put in a new control box, the new box had a 230 volt relay that kept burning up and popping the circuit...
  5. gbutts

Thanks -power has always been single phase 208, I plan on adding the transformer. I am just trying to figure out how the old pump ran for 11 years with no problem and now I am constantly popping the reset due to high amp draw. Was just curious if there was a single phase 208 pump motor at one...
  6. gbutts

recently had submersible well motor failure and motor was replaced with what was supposed to have been the same type motor. However the new motor is a 5 hp single phase 230 volt. The line voltage is 208 volts. I understand I will need to install a buck boost transformer to make this work -...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks