Recent content by GAW

1. GAW

American Standard Champion toilet Review and comments. Rated #1 by Consumer Reports

One year later, Eljer valve still flushing strong! I'm the guy that put the Eljer flush valve in the Champion. That was over a year ago, and I am happy to report that I have never had a leak, and get a perfect flush every time. Since I am able to modulate the length of the flush, I get...
  2. GAW

Say "no" to the AS Champion toilet & "yes" to Toto

Replace the flush valve w/ Eljer Titan valve After a year of fighting the two AS champions in my home, I broke down and bought two Eljer Titan tanks ($119.00 each) at Lowes. The Eljer valve is 1/4" smaller than the Champion valve, but fits with no leaks if you use the Champion gasket. Total...
  3. GAW

American Standard Champion toilet Review and comments. Rated #1 by Consumer Reports

Replace the flush valve w/ Eljer Titan valve After a year of fighting the two AS champions in my home, I broke down and bought two Eljer Titan tanks ($119.00 each) at Lowes. The Eljer valve is 1/4" smaller than the Champion valve, but fits with no leaks if you use the Champion gasket. Eljer...
  4. GAW

Champion Toilet

Pain and Suffering I cannot tell you the amount of pain and suffering that has gone into owning this toilet, except that it is twice what you might expect because I own TWO of the #@&% things! :mad: If some law firm were ever willing to pursue a class action against AS for foisting this...
  5. GAW

Champion Toilet

Leaking flush tower resolved I've updated the repair procedure for the American Standard champion. The procedure resolves the leaking flush seal issue, as well as the "clunk." I hate that it had to take such drastic remedies, but American Standard has provided ZERO support. This is a last...
  6. GAW

American Standard Champion Opinion and Issue

Leaking Flush Valve Solved! I have overcome the leaking flush valve syndrome on my American Standard toilet! I'm sure my warranty is void at this point, but at least my flusher doesn't leak anymore. Here's how I did it, complete with photos. Bottom line, I had to build a complete new...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks