Recent content by garya505

1. garya505

UF-B wire to shed for two circuits - two 14/2 or one 14/3?

Thanks for the reply. Given this information ... I wanted to use two circuits from the house to the shed, but I could get by with one. The backyard has a wall-mounted flood light wired into the backyard outside outlet (through metal conduit) which is on a single 15A GFCI-protected circuit...
  2. garya505

Oh, I think I found the answer. To do this to code with 14/3 I would have to wire the two circuits out of phase so that the load on the neutral isn't doubled. I don't have that option since I'm coming off a single 15A breaker (and GFCI). I'll have to put in two runs of 14/2. Did I just...
  3. garya505

I'm putting in UF-B cable to my shed. I want to circuits, one switched (for lights) and one unswitched. Would it be better to use two 14/2 cables or a single 14/3 cable? I know the cost will be a little more for the two 14/2 runs but that is not a big concern. With the single 14/3 they would...
  4. garya505

Correct order of components on drip system zones.

Thanks for the reply. In the front yard (where it is connected to the water supply) I have a master valve but no vacuum breaker after that valve. I only have a vacuum breaker on the front yard zone (zone 1), so the two back yard zones will need their own vacuum breaker(s). Since there will be...
  5. garya505

Also, should I consider using the Rainbird Anti-Siphon Valve 075ASVF or 100ASVF on the backyard zones? Can I use these on the 2 backyard zones if the front yard zone has an AVB? Zones are independent and will only one at a time.
  6. garya505

Abbreviations: PRF = Rainbird PRF-075-RBY Pressure Reducing Filter AVB = Orbit 51059 Atmospheric Vacuum Breaker ZoneValve = Rainbird 075DV or 100DV I have an existing system that I am adding 2 zones to, for drip irrigation only. The existing system has a main shutoff valve followed by filter...
  7. garya505

Looking for sink/disposal drain suggestions.

Thanks Terry - sometimes I get a little carried away, but I usually try to make sure my DIY work is done correctly and to code. It would have been much easier to just remove the disposal, but my wife wanted to keep it.
  8. garya505

OK, here's the final result. I spent half of my Sunday doing this, and missed the Packer Game, but it turned out pretty nice, eh? It's not too easy to see, but there's a male/female adapter connection just off the waste tee. I put that in just in case my plan didn't work out as well as I...
  9. garya505

I'm thinking of cutting off the trap adapter and doing it like this.
  10. garya505

I'll have to remove the current trap to see what's actually on there. I'm assuming that you're implying that I can't screw a female PVC adapter onto the trap adapter if the threads on the trap adapter are straight. I searched extensively and can't find anything that would disallow mixing 1-1/2...
  11. garya505

Well, upon further inspection it looks like what I thought was a PVC trap adapter is actually a thinner-walled adapter of some sort. It has no markings so I don't know what it is, but it doesn't have the usual markings that you see on a PVC fitting. It actually looks like the trap adapter they...
  12. garya505

That would be much preferred, but would not work. Because of the deep sink and the disposal, the inlet is too low to use a plastic tubular p-trap, unless you reverse the j-bend. There are two on the market that claim to be reversible, but I've also seen where inspectors will write up a...
  13. garya505

Yes, something like that. I'm thinking of removing the nut from the desanco, attaching a female PVC adapter to that, then using a PVC trap with union.
  14. garya505

Eh, I keep my wife happy, and she keeps me happy (if you know what I mean). Thanks for the tips.
  15. garya505

This is my current sink/disposal drain set-up. It drains OK and there are no functional problems, but I'd like to do it better. I suspect the trap isn't to code because of the transition from plastic tubular to the larger PVC and then back to the plastic again. I also don't like the center tee...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks