Recent content by garwayne

1. G

Trap in slab

Thanks for your help hj.
  2. G

Trap in slab

Good point about the concrete cracking, hadn't thought about that. I'll try to keep it as thick as possible. I'll take it then that it's not entirely rare that pipes run encased for a distance in concrete as opposed to stubbing right through?
  3. G

Trap in slab

Is it permissable, or just a good/bad idea, to have the trap roughed in at an elevation higher than below the slab? In other words the trap would be encased in concrete. My reason for exploring this is to save some elevation. Thanks, Gary
  4. G

Basement Toilet Dry Vent

Thank you all for replying. And the ensuing discussion regarding the need for a seperate vent for the toilet has been on my mind for a while. Knowing it is allowed is one thing, but I guess I'm interested in knowing how well it works. I want to build this one (it's mine) the absolute best way...
  5. G

Basement Toilet Dry Vent

Hi, I'm new to the forum, found it through googling my plumbing questions. It has helped already. I have done a lot of plumbing but this is my first project with the basement rough-in. Here is my question. I am confused about dry venting my toilet and keeping it in the path of the main drain...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks