Recent content by gardingh

1. gardingh

Basement bathroom.

Yes, at the sink there is a 2" to 1 1/2" sani tee which is vented back to the main stack. Is that sufficient for a bath tub or shower. I'm not certain how they are supposed to be vented.
  2. gardingh

Acrylic 3-piece tub/shower.

Thanks for the help, I still have the tub sitting loosely in the rough framing with the other two pieces in their proper locations just to see if it will fit with the measurements in the manual. I think I will talk to the manufacturer tomorrow and see what they say about setting the thing in a...
  3. gardingh

Basement bathroom.

Quick question about a basement bathroom that was roughed in with a 2" trap below the concrete and a 2" stub sticking above the concrete. I cannot see how the trap is vented but the nearest vent is from the rough in for the sink which is 2" with a clean out. Then has a reducing sani tee down...
  4. gardingh

Here is exactly what it states. Leveling: To provide additional support, improve soundproofing and facilitate leveling, it is recommended that a layer of mortar or plaster be applied to the base of the bathtub legs, and covered with a 1/16"(2mm) polyethylene sheet. The layer should be thick...
  5. gardingh

I'm new here and was wondering if someone could answer a few questions I have about installing one of these in my basement. The floor in the area where the tub will be sitting is out of level by less than 1/4" from the left to the right of the tub. As I understand it, these tubs are designed...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks