Recent content by Gardengal

1. Gardengal

Does Undermount bath sink need more support?

Hi DR. What's "8' of double wall 3/4 tubing"?
  2. Gardengal

Here's the same image a little lighter so really see what's going on. Canoworms, the blocks are screwed in from the top. The two blocks on the right are definitely touching the lip, the block on the upper right is a bit, and the one in question is holding on by a thread (if that.) This is so...
  3. Gardengal

The white"bead" is actually the marble top. The plywood hole is bigger than the sink. Let's just say I heard the guy cuss in spanish when he put the sink in his plywood cut-out. This picture was taken under the sink with the camera pointed up. You can see the bottom left wood block is the one...
  4. Gardengal

The top is on. This is the final product. There were undermount brackets with this sink, unfortunately the guys who did this took the box and used it as trash and the mounts were in the box.
  5. Gardengal

We had our marble bath counter installed yesterday and the guys used liquid nails to attach the marble to the plywood. They put these wood braces underneath for the sink for support. I looked under the counter last night to discover one of the braces is BARELY holding the lip. There are three...
  6. Gardengal

How to get cast iron tub into alcove and can it sit on 3/4" plywood?

They say that this Mendota tub doesn't need a ledger board. Does that change what you said?
  7. Gardengal

How to get cast iron tub into alcove and can it sit on 3/4" plywood?

I have the Kohler Mendota tub sitting in our driveway and we haven't figured out how to get into the 61" alcove. Our bathroom is down to the studs. Tub is 60"x32". It's a new cast iron weighing 332 lbs (ish) with 4 stubby feet that all the weight must rest on. 2 questions. 1) How to get this...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks