Recent content by garberfc

1. garberfc

Shower Head GPM

I'm in the market for a new shower head and I have a question about pressure and flow rate. I want as much water as possible coming out of the shower head, but I also would like at least moderate pressure. I have a well, so the pressure varies depending on how much water is in the pressure...
  2. garberfc

Whole house water filter

Wow, the Katalox Light http://www.puregen.com/products_detail.php?id=325&lang=en system sounds fantastic! Filters sediment down to 2-3 microns!! I have a couple of questions about it: About backflushing. How long does it generally take? I have ~60psi. Are there parts / chemicals that...
  3. garberfc

Whole house water filter

I tested how long it takes our sediment to settle. It's VERY fine. I scooped some of the sediment from the outside of a used filter element. The sediment is like a paste. I put the sediment in a tall glass of water and stirred, and 36 hours later the sediment has settled. The water is now...
  4. garberfc

Whole house water filter

About the waste water; the amount of silt is insignificant and I have a lawn, a septic tank and an acre of woods where I can disperse it, so I don't think that'll be an issue. Could you recommend a couple of "self cleaning backwashing Clinoptilolite systems" so that I can do some reading /...
  5. garberfc

Whole house water filter

The Big Blue seems like a higher quality, more commercial filter than my current Ametek unit. Do you think it'll be better about keeping the sediment from 'sneaking' past the filter cartridge??
  6. garberfc

Whole house water filter

Thank you for the information and the links. I had done some web searches for something like this but didn't find anything. I thought there must be something like this. Being the dumb@ss consumer that I am, my web searches led me to Culligan and the like....
  7. garberfc

Whole house water filter

Hello All, I've been in my house for 20 years now. We've had our well water tested and it's slightly hard, but nothing bad with it. We DO have a an extremely fine silt issue that builds up in our water closets / bowls. We have a Ametek HF-160 whole house filter for most of this time. I've been...
  8. garberfc

Well pump only generating 25psi

I'm not even quite sure what your questions are, but the repair guy estimated the pump was 220' below the surface (I thought it was 265'. That's what I was told when they drilled the well in 94'). Looking down the well I can see the level of the water, it's about 15' down from ground level. I...
  9. garberfc

Yes, black poly pipe. Yes, reused it. They examined the pipe and the wiring and didn't see any wear or flat spots, so reused both. The repair guy is from the same company that installed the original pump. He was surprised by the type. It was something like 'airless'? I didn't get the maker or...
  10. garberfc

Thank you all for your help in this matter. The drilling company came out and pulled the pipe and found the issue. The brass fitting between the pump and the hose had a hole in it. Lots of minerals in the water in my area and they ate right through the fitting. The pump was 19.5 years old and...
  11. garberfc

I think you're right. I just hate to admit it. Either way it's a problem. Either a hole as I'm not seeing the pressure, or it's electrical in the motor. Time to call the service folks.
  12. garberfc

My knowledge of electricity stops short of measuring amperage. My guess is that I'd close the amp meter clamp around the pair of hot leads going to the pump? What would I be looking for? 15-20 amps? Is it amp/hrs??
  13. garberfc

I'm not sure if there are check valves between where the pipe enters the basement and the pump itself. I'm trying to avoid the expense of having the pump pulled up. That's has to cost several hundred $$$ :(.
  14. garberfc

I don't think this is the issue... I'm assuming the pump acts as a foot value. When I turn off the power to the pump, the pressure does NOT drop. If there were a hole in the pipe, the pressure would drop as the water leaked through the hole. Does this make sense?
  15. garberfc

That would really stink! That would mean having someone pull the whole system out of the ground for at least an inspection... As I recall only the first 60' or so was cased. Do you think it's possible the earth moved and a rock pierced the poly pipe? How often does this happen. And, if this is...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks