Recent content by gahlen

1. gahlen

Water hammer when irrigation turns on

I was given that suggestion by my pump installer and it did not make a difference. It seems the water disharges quicker than the pump can begin pumping. This happens very quickly and then everything is just fine.
  2. gahlen

Water hammer when irrigation turns on

I have a 2.1 gal or so pre-charge tank with a submersible pump CSV valve. Everything is fine except when my irrigation first turns on. The water flowing into the irrigatation system causes the small tank to dishcharge rapidly and create water hammer. How do I solve this. My irrigation tees...
  3. gahlen

Check Valve problems

The check valve is on top of the sub-pump. I did not word that correctly. What is a cycle stop valve and where do I get one?
  4. gahlen

Check Valve problems

I have a submersible pump in a well 160ft. My problem is that I have to replace the 11/4 check valve every year due to it's failure. I have tried various brands and types. Mine setup has the check valve prior to the pump. Can someone tell be what type of valve I can use that will last longer...
  5. gahlen

Backflow valves

I have someone coming to test it this week. If there is a problem, what would you replace them with? Yes they were installed in a valve box at ground level. All of this was done by the previous owners. I want to install what is correct and what will work. I don't need a $300.00 solution...
  6. gahlen

Backflow valves

Here you go. The left goes to the irrigation valve which is tee'd off of the mainline from the pump to the house. The right goes to the sprinker system with solenoids and heads. This setup is lower than the highest head.
  7. gahlen

Backflow valves

I replaced a broken irrigation valve today ( the kind that needs a t-handle to open/close ) it is 4.5 feet underground. The irrigation valve was replaced because it was stuck on. I noticed that after hooking everything back up that when I open the valve to allow water to thru the sprinker...
  8. gahlen

Air in lines

Actually two check valves with the one in the house being bypassed. But Murphys law says that there will be 2 feet of snow on the ground and the one in the well will go out causing the pump to cycle on and off every 5 minutes so I defer to experience and leave the one in the house just in case...
  9. gahlen

Air in lines

It was the one in the well. The one up top has a bypass so it is out of the flow now.
  10. gahlen

Air in lines

Just thought I would follow up with the fix. My problem was the check valve. The spring had broken in it so we replaced the check valve. The pipe to the well is 1-1/4 schedule 80 pipe. What I learned was that my connection has a pitless adapter. The first I had ever heard of such a thing...
  11. gahlen

Air in lines

Thanks the pump is being pulled tomorrow. I appreciate your advice!
  12. gahlen

Air in lines

Yes, I installed that last fall because the pump kept cycling and I could hear the water running when there was nothing going on in the home. After the check valve was installed in the house, the pump no longer cycled and things were fine until last week. I for sure hear the water going back...
  13. gahlen

Air in lines

Just recently we have been having air in our lines. I have a submersible pump and bladder type pressure tank. I have turned off the pump and drained the tank and the water pressure is 39 psi. So the tank would not appear to be the problem. I do hear a sound like the water going back down the...
  14. gahlen

Upgrade to manifold

I was wandering if it is worth it to replumb my house and go with a manifold system versus the tree layout that I currently have. All of my plumbing is exposed and reachable via the unfinished basement. The reason I ask is due to pressure drop when someone else flushes a toilet or more than...
  15. gahlen

Irrigation on house system

Filter I agree with what was said regarding the filter area and the cheap filters. I have a 20 in cartridge type already but was using the supply of filters that the previous owner left. I switched to the pleated type and the pressure is much better. It looks like I need to get on a 3 month...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks