Recent content by Gaelic

1. Gaelic

Stubborn Toilet Requires 2 Flushes

This sounds like something I am capable of. Now... if I only knew what an Inrush Bucket is...
  2. Gaelic

I can have another go at that, but a plumber did try that 1-2 yrs ago. BTW, this has been an ongoing problem, to which our "approach" has been to depend on out 2nd bathroom for the serious stuff.
  3. Gaelic

Throwing in the towel(?) OK, my latest and most extensive experiment. Luckily, I am on a [mostly] vegan diet, so nature always cooperates. Today I flushed right before using and allowed the water to settle. After business was done, flushed. Two experiments so far today. The first time, the...
  4. Gaelic

Wouldn't the fact that the 2nd flush always is fine indicate that nothing is in the way? Re toilet age - Two story building constructed in 1991; toilet probably original. It is a Briggs. Inside tank: BRIGGS 493 Upside down: 958 (large numbers, last one partial impression) and 8-8190 (smaller)
  5. Gaelic

OK, looks like this one has lost interest... but maybe someone might yet take a stab at my question above and the follow-up: If there isn't enough water in the bowl, can this be corrected? Or does it mean a new toilet is the only option? Thanks to all.
  6. Gaelic

OK. Since I noticed that the water seems to be right at the mark on the tank, I had no intention of adding any more there. Well, as I have written - when I tried adding water in the bowl the water level did not go up. It maintained the level I found it at. I can't force it to go higher, can I?
  7. Gaelic

The only time I get a vigorous whirlpool action is on the second flush. I will take some slack out of the string.
  8. Gaelic

Looks to me like the tank level is right on the line. I added water to the bowl, but it does not appear to rise at all.
  9. Gaelic

Better, but no brass ring... OK.The water level was approx 1/2" below the top of the pipe, so I poured additional water into the tank yesterday. By this morning it had gone down to where it was yesterday, so I assume that means the flapper isn't seating quite right or is worn? I filled...
  10. Gaelic

I have a ground floor two-bath 20 year old condo unit over a crawl space. The toilets are about 10' apart. The hall toilet works well, but the master bedroom toilet always requires a 2nd flush to get solid matter to go down. The first flush is lethargic, with everything moving slowly around in a...
  11. Gaelic

Weak flush

Stubborn Toilet Requires 2 Flushes I have a ground floor two-bath 20 year old condo unit over a crawl space. The toilets are about 10' apart. The hall toilet works well, but the master bedroom toilet always requires a 2nd flush to get solid matter to go down. The first flush is lethargic, with...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks