Recent content by furyous

1. F

Shower remodel - do I need this vent?

you must be reading my mind, Going through the JohnSmith site, I got some ideas for seats that might be able to hide the protrusion. Only downside is that I'd have to build a tile floor instead of the Corian my wife favors, Upside is that I save the $800 a Corian floor runs. Anyone have...
  2. F

Thanks for the Kerdi tip, sounds like the ticket to avoid the problems I'm fixing. As far as breaking up the floor, I'm not sure how that's going to go. The entire slab is only 42"x72" (it was poured as an addition) I'm concerned about breaking the slab and having an unstable floor.
  3. F

Based on listening to water running out the drain from other bathroom fixtures, it seems that there is a single drain line running out from the bathroom vented by the pictured vent and a vent behind the vanity, The shower drain ties into this same line. I can hear water drain from the sink or...
  4. F

I'm replacing a shower that the prev owners let leak and rot the walls (tile floor, no liner). While I'm replacing walls, I'm going to move the interior wall to increase the shower size (38x60). Two things have come up, first, the orig vent came up through the slab into the wall I'm moving...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks