Recent content by funwithpowertools

1. funwithpowertools

Need advice on bathroom sink p-trap

How does this look? Here's the latest. I pulled the vanity and cut a hole in the wall and replaced the drain plumbing. I also got rid of the plastic flex hoses. Unfortunately, at the Home Depot I was at they only had the expensive "floodsafe" connectors in 1/2x3/8. Most of their hoses were...
  2. funwithpowertools

Strange water heater problem

Oops...here's the picture Here's the picture of the hose.
  3. funwithpowertools

New heater installed but energy specs are different I am not sure what you mean by "ID" so I included a picture. Well, the new water heater is installed. What a pain! I had forgotten how heavy they are, especially when there's still a little water left. I talked to GE (actually Rheem)...
  4. funwithpowertools

Opinions on water heater hookup methods Since I am replacing the water heater I figured this would be a good time to ask this... I am used to using the "accordion" style copper connectors for connecting water heaters. I use the ones with the sweat connection on one side and the brass...
  5. funwithpowertools

I went on my evening run and then jumped in the shower only to discover that it was ice cold. I went into the basement and checked the water heater. The pilot was out and there was a little water (maybe 1/4") in the pan beneath the heater and a some water inside the heater on the metal plate...
  6. funwithpowertools

That's what I was afraid of... Well, I am not looking forward to pulling everything out. However, I am very anal about all the remodeling work on my house _not_ looking like "the idiot homeowner" did it. So, I don't really mind going back and redoing this part. This is my first bathroom and my...
  7. funwithpowertools

Hello all. I am in the final stages of adding a master bathroom to my house. I have gone the "official" route and gotten a permit and had each stage inspected. My problem is the vanity. There are two drawers on the right hand side and the height that the drain comes out of the wall is the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks