Recent content by Franklin1918

1. F

Lead closet bend doesn't reach floor

Thank you--that looks like a good solution. Looks like we will just have to bite the bullet and pull up the floor. Now it seems like the hardest part of this project is going to be getting a plumber to show up!
  2. F

Thank you. Never even thought about what would happen if there was a clog--yikes! Is soldering a new portion onto the existing pipe out of the question? I'm having a plumber come to take a look hopefully today. I don't want to cut corners, but also don't want to go too crazy since I eventually...
  3. F

Our home was built in 1918. The upstairs toilet has been leaking, and when I went to replace the wax ring I discovered that the lead bend (I'm assuming it's lead, anyway) does not even reach the top of the floor. It is pretty mangled, and there is a gap between the pipe and the underside of the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks