Recent content by frankc103

1. frankc103

Well pump failure and electrical question. 1/2hp Goulds pump

Just to make sure I'm understanding the message clearly. The only way there could be a leak below the check-valve would be in the pump itself since the check valve is connected directly to the top of the pump unless as you suggest there is a hole or leak at the threads where this valve...
  2. frankc103

looks to me like it's an add on or maybe it's just a reducer from 1-1/4 to 1".
  3. frankc103

I did mean they used std wire nuts. The Only check valve is right on top of the pump down at 135'. This is the same pump for 25+ years, it's not a new pump that I'm not familiar with. It just doesn't seem to be pumping the same volume or pressure of water. Does this happen? I kind of...
  4. frankc103

Ok, a few more observations from today's testing. Here are the specs first: 155' total depth, 135' pump level, running amps consistent at 5.8 amps. 32 gallon bladder tank 28lb set, 30/50 switch, and I can shine a flashlight down the casing and see the water level at about 20' below the...
  5. frankc103

Well here goes. My well was installed in 1986 when house was new! I know that it's a miracle that I've made it this long without any issues, but what started to happen is that the 20amp breaker started tripping. So I pull the well cap off and I notice that the electrical connections that tie...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks