Recent content by Flow&Go

1. Flow&Go

Questions about venting options

I think this will be the way I go, thanks!
  2. Flow&Go

Ok, thay makes sense, thank you!
  3. Flow&Go

Hi all, I am trying to make a bathroom/laundry group in a somewhat challenging garage conversion. I'm hoping that someone can advise me on where the vents should be placed on this system. Normally I'd wet vent it using the toilet, but the placement of this toilet and the limited space I have to...
  4. Flow&Go

Problem soldering Brass PEX fitting to Copper pipe

I've also found on these that sand cloth helps as opposed to a wire brush. I make sure to hit the shoulder of the fitting pretty good with the sand cloth and it helps it take. Also Turn the torch down a bit and take an extra minute to let it heat up evenly, when you get after it with the torch...
  5. Flow&Go

Stuck cleanout plug threading

Very carefully, with either a hack saw blade or a jewelers saw, score a vertical line almost through those threads then use a screw driver to try and pry the threads away a bit and it should snap. you can pull the rest out with needle nose pliers. If you mess it up you can use a test plug in a...
  6. Flow&Go

Water pressure tank install help

Brandon- if your in the 607 area code of N.Y. and need some help with this after the holidays let me know, I’m in the Norwich area
  7. Flow&Go

Pressure tank hammer

Also check the air in the tank, it should be set at 2 psi lower than the cut on pressure for the pressure switch. Typically 28 or 38 lbs should be in the tank depending on what switch you have.
  8. Flow&Go

Pressure tank hammer

Remove the tank check valve and Pressure test the whole system with air and a gauge (if the plumbers before haven’t done this already) ...even if you replaced in line check valves on your pump line, if the foot valve has gone bad on the pump it will leave a pressure vacuum and cause symptoms...
  9. Flow&Go

Broken valve caused by human error?

I’d suspect there might have been a pair of Channel locks invlolved in turning that. But if it needed channel locks to be turned or to turn it off fully it was shot, just rebuild it or replace it.
  10. Flow&Go

Young son put tissues in back toilet tank that is now clogging jets

Maybe try buying a small flush bag (expanding drain bladder) and putting it in the flush valve opening, it might push the tissue through. It might also make a huge mess. Use this in conjunction with the shop vac method a few times and you might be ok.
  11. Flow&Go

Best way to replace main shutoff

Thanks, that's what i was leaning towards but was unsure with the soft copper. Also thank you so much for creating this site/forum it is the only online resource i trust!
  12. Flow&Go

Best way to replace main shutoff

Hi folks! I'm a drain cleaner by trade. I know quite a bit about plumbing through association and remodeling a few houses. I just bought this house and the main shutoff is leaking. I believe its soft copper and a flare fitting. I know you can just repack these, but I had to sign off on the...