Recent content by flamefix

1. flamefix

Please help, I'm worried!

Certainly sounds like a T&P discharge. It could be a faulty valve or it could be a faulty pressure vessel or it could be a fault on the stat controlling the heater for the tank. The T&P is designed to relieve the tank(cylinder) that stores your hot water if it gets too hot or over pressurises...
  2. flamefix

Zone valve for water heater.

Could it be related to the response time of the mixer valve in the shower combined with demand for hot water from units closer to the source of the hot water. I'm imagining there is a secondary return (hot water loop) in the block but if not or even so could there be an issue with the supply...
  3. flamefix

Hi, Lo, and Diff setting

you're comparing apples with oranges. If the system was working fine before the plumber fiddled with it, get him back to put it right at his expense, why incur additional expense and wear and tear on your boiler just to get steady hot water when you had it before? What you're doing is more...
  4. flamefix

Hi, Lo, and Diff setting

I don't really follow your train of thought on this boiler but I can tell you it is not efficient to cycle your boiler on off on off.
  5. flamefix

efficiency of +20 year old Weil-Mclain oil boiler P366(HE)?

A flue gas analyser with the oil flow rates set should give you some idea of the efficiency. A modern condensing oil boiler will give you 95-7% efficiency.
  6. flamefix

Plumbing Solar Storage Tank

I'd just use a pencil and paper to draw it and scan it up. Why don't you buy another solar cylinder, rip out the two existing cylinders and pipe the solar to both cylinders either split or two separate solar feeds. Use the electric as your top up to ensure adequate storage temperature of hot...
  7. flamefix

Plumbing Solar Storage Tank

A drawing schematic would be much more useful. I can't understand if you are keeping the two 50 gallon elelctric units and preheating the water to them from the new 80 gallon tank or just tying in the pipe work from the two 50 gallon tanks removing the tanks and running the pipes back to the...
  8. flamefix

Boiler Cold At Times

Agree 100%. It's going to lock out which is a fault, it's not going to over heat. They should start with the basics, fuel line leaks, air ingress, filters, check fire valves if fitted. Check electrodes for arcing leads, and cracks, check all the wiring, check the ignition transformer, check...
  9. flamefix

Boiler cost???

You ought to get quotes for condensing boilers the efficiency savings will pay you back in the long run.
  10. flamefix

Oil tank testing- can you help me?

Reading through the many sites I have come across from using this site I noticed you do something beyond what we do here for oil tanks and testing them. I'm rather interested in the means to do this here in the UK. As far as I know no one does it (domestically that is) can anyone that uses the...
  11. flamefix

Flue liner size for boiler?

Ahh with oil there isn't a condensing unit but they do state the following "High efficiency cast iron sectional boilers, with Thermostream technology that can be used with either an oil or gas burner, and easily upgraded using external condensing heat exchangers." It will give you higher...
  12. flamefix

Flue liner size for boiler?

Is this going to be a condensing unit as it would seem it's the high efficiency but possibly not condensing and is it oil or gas? What are Buderus recommending themselves? I can't comment on the flues you use there myself but i'm sure you'll get the right advice from someone on here...
  13. flamefix

Condensate Treatment - Important?

yup that's cold :) Well I guess you have answered you're own question then, worry about it if or when it happens, because even if you check and find a problem getting everyone to agree to do something about it is going to be near impossible.
  14. flamefix

Condensate Treatment - Important?

How much will the heating units be running at night? generally here but I don't know how cold it gets for you the heating isn't on over night or if on weather compensated it is on set back and then the heater will only come on if the set back temperature is reached. Of course that doesn't stop...
  15. flamefix

Solar collector t&p valve excessive tripping

no I am not saying that nor have I . I don't know what you purchase your system for and or your mark up for profit and labour content. All I have told you is the cost of the items as they are here, I am not saying what you can install them for and make the level of profit you require because I...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks