Recent content by fiveliter8

1. fiveliter8

Whirlpool Flame Lock water heaters, reviews, troubleshooting, repair and support.

Ooops! Forgot to update you all. Whirlpool said they no longer issue those kits (free) and my only course of action was to see if Lowes had any remaining kits. I went to three Lowe's and none of them had any.
  2. fiveliter8

Whirlpool Flame Lock water heaters, reviews, troubleshooting, repair and support.

Just found this thread looking for a dip tube for my FG1H5040T3NOV. I bought and installed this October 2004, and two weeks ago, started getting 10 minute hot showers. From what I saw on the internet, the dip tubes were a problem on mid-late 90's models, not in 2004. At any rate, the tube...
  3. fiveliter8

Re-locating toilet drain

Here is a drawing of the current layout The master vent line is 1.5 or 2 inch and ties into the main vent in the attic. I would really like to move all of the master plumbing over to where the guest stuff is plumbed. The other option, which I want to avoid, is tearing up the floor and...
  4. fiveliter8

Re-locating toilet drain

Ugh, so, all other drains aside, if I plumbed the wc's back to back using a double fixture, I'd still run into the suction problem? I forgot to mention that main 3" line in the pic is vented, so I don't know if that makes any difference. I wish I had one of those nifty 3d piping programs that...
  5. fiveliter8

Re-locating toilet drain

Re-locating toilet drain - added diagram Hello all! Been a lurker here for a while now and there is a lot of good info here! Just a little about myself...I'm an industrial electrician by trade and mechanic/consumer electronics repairer on the side (hobby mostly), so plumbing isn't completely...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks