Recent content by fishman777

1. fishman777

Expansion tank

I checked the pressure at the tank, its approx. 40lbs at the drain valve with the tank up to temp. I have no weird banging , clanging, vibrating, groaning or any other strange sounding pipes. No leakage at the relief valve on the tank. I have the water at, according to my meat therm, 123F...
  2. fishman777

Expansion tank

Is it mandatory that an expansion tank is installed on a water heater>? I do not have one , things seem to be fine...no leaking from relief valve.. If I must have one, I will put one on, but if not then I will save the expense. thank you in advance for your advice. fishman...
  3. fishman777

Expansion tank pressure

One last question, am I correct in doing this. To get correct pressure in my diaphram expansion tank do I measure the pressure at the faucet with a gauge and then match the air pressure in the expansion tank to that, and check with a tire gauge...is this correct? thanks Mike
  4. fishman777

Can;t get burner flame blue

blue As I do, I checked and rechecked the heater...I am not as sure as Iwas in a previous post that the burner is cast iron. Its metal of some sort but I am not sure and it does not say in the manual. However, I adjusted the air intake, essentially open, and also adjusted the temp setting...
  5. fishman777

blue This is a new install, however the tank is a 2002 brand new in the box. It does not have a sealed combustion chamber, basicly if you get down on the floor you can take the cover thats there off and look right at the flame. there is a door that can be opened as well that gives you more...
  6. fishman777

Blue I am in UpState NY...20 miles from the canadian border. Adirondack Mts...roughly 1500 feet above sea level where I live. It is definatly a cast Iron burner, double checked it this am. I also opened the air way as much as possible and I will see what the does. It may be just clearing...
  7. fishman777

blue I am sorry, I did have it backwards....What I ment was is there a way to increase the air flow to the burner? I will check the burner closer as well... this was installed by a professional installer.. I will also make sure there are no obstructions that were missed..
  8. fishman777

I have a AO smith conservationalist Gold Series 50gal NG water tank. Got it NOS, in anyevent, the adjustment for the air intake to the burner consists of a screw and a rotateable metal cover that either covers up or opens up the airway. The issue is that it says in the manual to adjust till...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks