Recent content by Firstcut

1. Firstcut

Tub P Trap Height

Need to move to new location, about 36 inches. under slab If I remove old P, run horizontal 2 inch for 36 " to new spot, I will need slope on that 36" run which means new Ptrap will be about 1 inch higher than old one. Is that a problem, or is there a better method? I don't think I want...
  2. Firstcut

Moving Tub on Slab

Moving Tub P Trap location Since I am moving the P Trap and need to keep it at same height in new position.... I will need to run 2" pipe to new location, was planning on slope for that run, but then new P Trap would be higher than the old location. My horizontal run will be about 36 ". OK...
  3. Firstcut

Moving Tub on Slab

Thanks HJ !
  4. Firstcut

Moving Tub on Slab

Supply Lines Question The old tub supply lines, 1/2 in copper to shutoffs, then 3/8 copper to faucets. Is 3/8 a good choice, seems small to me for filling a tub.
  5. Firstcut

Moving Tub on Slab

Rented Milwaukee HammerDrill . With some patience, Carved out a nice channel to move drain. Was not nearly as bad as dreamed. Should I dig down and remove old P-trap, and place under new waste location, Or can I just run my 1-1/2 pvc to old location and old P-trap, if it is there... I'm...
  6. Firstcut

Rainbird Troubleshoot

New to using Irr.system. The Rainbird has 3 zones which cycle on, however one zone does not come on at all, it goes dormant for the cycle, then next zone comes on as expected. Was working fine last fall. What steps to troubleshoot?
  7. Firstcut

Moving Tub on Slab

Thanks Thanks, Gary, and Rick. I will get er done mid week, attacking the slab, I'll report back on this one.
  8. Firstcut

Moving Tub on Slab

I want to re-locate tub, its concrete slab, drain is now directly in the slab. I need to move it about 12-16 inches. Choice #1 : Break up concrete. Choice #2 : Since it may be a design feature, can I use the present drain if the new tub location is raised approx. 12 inches in a framed...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks