Recent content by firedudedon

1. firedudedon

kinetico water softener problem

thanks for all the advice. It is a sulfur guard with the hydrogen peroxide tank. I didn't know I could include a picture here. Will do so when I get home from work. ( Firefighter with the City of Syracuse). I'm certainly no plumber and I appreciate all of your help. Pictures to follow later today.
  2. firedudedon

the softener is first then the iron/sulfur tanks. the tank says model 30. the disk is a number 6. there are no additional tanks, but this is a 2 tank softener and a 2 tank iron/sulfur. there are 2 drain or backwash lines. one for the softener and one for the iron/sulfur. not sure what you mean...
  3. firedudedon

Thank you. I only have 2 tanks total. side by side. Plus the salt tank of course. I do have another set of tanks side by side, but they are iron/sulfur removal tanks. They are relativly new and are working fine. I did have the local kinitco people out and they changed the backwash hose on the...
  4. firedudedon

I'm brand new at this so bear with me. I'm on well water. Not sure what you mean by using carbon.
  5. firedudedon

It's blackish in color. It does not settle. And after using the water for a while it completly clears up. When I bypass the softener I have perfectly clear water.
  6. firedudedon

I have a kinetico water softener model 30. It is a dual tank and is approx. 15 years old. I'm experiencing dark water occasionally. Possibly when softener is regenerating. When I by pass the softener my water is clear but hard. When I go back to using the softener I will have the dark water...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks