Recent content by Finally_Retired

1. Finally_Retired

Requesting opinions on Watts Vortech Softners

I have seen softeners placed outside houses in the neighborhood, thought about that but it isn't very attractive to the wife ;-) I have also seen brine tanks buried in the ground, essentially only the lid being exposed above ground. If there aren't issues with burying the brine tank than...
  2. Finally_Retired

From various sites I read that if you choose a size softener larger than is normally needed that it results in less salt usage, I don't have any practical experience on this matter. I have not checked anything about resin for either of the softeners but did see that the warranty is voided for...
  3. Finally_Retired

Thanks for your very quick reply. I found is a lager cabinet softener, a GE mdl GXSH40V 40,000 GRAIN WATER SOFTENER. I expect it would use much less salt and provide good headroom. Attached is the info from my county, do you have any comments about it?
  4. Finally_Retired

So I recently moved to Florida from Ohio, didn't need a softner in Cleveland but sure need on here. Been trying to get information by reading websites and was happy to find this forum. It's just two of us so our water needs modest. We live in Pinellas County, the county states our hardness...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks