Recent content by filipi

1. filipi

assembling ABS pipes

Hello everyone I was assembling and gluing ABS pipes and fittings together, and one of the pipe didn't bottom out in the fitting , may be by 1/4". I guess I didn't push hard enough and it dried before I could do anything about it. Is that still acceptable if not leaking or shall I cut that...
  2. filipi

Drain pipe sizes 3" or 4"

The main sewer pipe I will be connecting to outside the house is 4". But I thought it would be slightly easier to work with 3" underneath the house , and I was also under the impression after reading some quotes on this forum that 3" works as well or better than 4" specially with low flow...
  3. filipi

I did read somewhere , and I think it was a code , that you can go 1/8 of an inch slope on bigger pipe , but from what I've gathered from all the pros here and other references, it seems that 1/4 is the ideal slope no matter what size the pipe is , but obviously I am no plumber. Thanks for...
  4. filipi

Thanks, and I did calculate my total fixture units and came out to 24. According to the California code a maximum of 35 is allowed on a 3" drain, but there is a note that I have a hard time interpreting,quote : " and not to exceed 3 water closets or 6 unit-traps on any horizontal branch or drain...
  5. filipi

Hello I am new here and have been reading different thread and learned a lot. Great forum and very useful. I am hoping to get some opinion from some of your experiences so I can make the right decision in the plumbing makeover that my house is going to get. Basically my main concern at...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks