Recent content by figs

1. figs

Natural Gas Line Pressure Test

The P.E. pipe has been covered since it already passed inspection. The only exposed gas pipe is the 1/2” pipe to the key values, the 1/2” stubs for the fireplace and firebowls, and the 3/4” stub off of the riser by the gas meter with the pressure gauge on it (probably about 10’ of pipe total)...
  2. figs

Natural Gas Line Pressure Test

I have 100’ of 1-1/4” P.E. gas line which branches off to 60’ of 1” P.E. gas line running from a riser at the gas meter (not connected the the gas meter yet) to a fireplace and two firebowls. All of the P.E. pipe is underground and connects to 1/2” gas pipe above ground for key values and stubs...
  3. figs

Accurately measuring threaded iron pipe???

iron pipe measurements For 1/2" threaded iron pipe, what value do you use to account for thread engagement in fittings? Thanks
  4. figs

Accurately measuring threaded iron pipe???

How does one accurately measure 1/2" threaded pipe? In other words, is there a rule of thumb that plumbers use to account for thread engagement in fittings? Thanks
  5. figs

Natural gas line????

Is what I have against code (the gas line under the footing for the fireplace)? :confused: The rough-in already passed inspection a long time ago. Since the inspection is only good for six months, I need to have it reinspected before the gas company will hook it to the meter (natural gas has...
  6. figs

Natural gas line????

So I did find a small leak at one of the plugs in one of the gas key values (see the key valve in the photo in first post to this thread). I fixed the leak on 6/14/2009, and retested at 60 PSI. Just out of curiosity, I wanted to see how long it would hold 60 PSI, so I left the gauge attached...
  7. figs

Natural gas line????

hj, The riser comes from underground and the epoxy pipe goes through the footer for the stub (see photo). Is it normal for pressure to fluctuate due to temperature variations? Just out of curiosity, why is the pressure test duration so short? Thanks
  8. figs

Natural gas line????

I found the inspection paperwork from the contractor who originally installed the PE gas line. At the first inspection, it failed due to improper PSI (15 PSI). I also found some other information stating that he later tested it at 60 PSI for 20 minutes. I guess that Surprise, Arizona wants...
  9. figs

Natural gas line????

It is 1 1/4" PE pipe underground to the risers. The stubs with key valves are 3/4" epoxy coated pipe. Is 15 PSI even for plastic welded pipe (like PE)? Thanks
  10. figs

Natural gas line????

About three years ago, I had a contractor install 1-1/4" polyethylene gas line for my outdoor fireplace and two fire bowls. I was unable to complete the project at that time for many reasons, but I am starting back to work on it now. I have a few questions about the gas line: Some of the...
  11. figs

Natural Gas Questions

Project Location: Surprise, Arizona Gas Company: Southwest Gas About two years ago, I had a gas piping company install PE pipe for a fireplace and two fire pits. Currently, the gas pipe is stubbed up at the gas meter, at the fireplace, and at each fire pit. The stubs at the fireplace and...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks